George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
When you die your best memz are going to be looking at your 401k account every other Friday. There’s a difference between “entertainment” and “experience”.
Oh, I have tons of great memories. Fishing, golfing, vacations. Celebrating an individual at a concert for the same price as a golf vacation not so much. :) Too each their own.

Reactions: 0u812

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I love a good concert as much as the next person, but sounds like a ridiculous price to pay to see anyone. Throw in that George Strait is singing someone elses songs and has minimal energy on stage, and it seems even more ridiculous.

I paid less for three tickets, gas, dinner, drinks, all in to see Buddy Guy recently in a small venue....than one ticket to this show in a football stadium. No offense to GS, CS, and the other acts, but they might not have the talent Buddy Guy and his band has combined.....
Makes me hungry for BBQ every time I hear him.

Reactions: 0u812

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
EVERYTHING like this is a choice in life. I go to concerts, plays, etc for more than just the people on the stage. May sound corny as hell but these type of events are some of the best "date nights" my wife and I ever get with having a family.
In other words, if JPs Chevy van is a rockin afterwards, don’t be a knockin.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's not Stapleton, its GS. All of his tickets have been priced outrageously for years. Uppers in arenas were 175+ the last 2-3 years. The addition of Stapleton just gives more "justification" for the outlandish pricing.

I know that it was 1 million to book Stapleton back in 2019 (probably more like 1.3-1.5 now). George, based on his pricing, is likely at least 3 million. If you think this sells out with somewhere in the neighborhood of 54k in attendance (I have no idea what concert capacity is there in its current config) they would need to charge 83 dollars a ticket to break even (on artist costs).

Once you factor in ticket sales, beer sales, and other revenues I think it’s safe to say Jamie is going to make a **** ton of money on this show.
They are saying 70k for tickets.

Reactions: ZRF and cstrunk

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
ACTUALLY, I looked at hotels the other day. If people think tickets are expensive.....don't look.
I’ll drive back. Will be like the old 8 pm games. Except I’m 15 years older. It’s nice when your kids are older and enjoy going to these things with you, until you pay for them.

rpcyclone2013

Jan 4, 2017
Nevada, IA
ACTUALLY, I looked at hotels the other day. If people think tickets are expensive.....don't look.
I went to hotels.com, and literally nothing in Ames came up. The closest hotels were in Ankeny and Boone. They can't be sold already, can they? Probably the hotels just holding them so they can jack up the price later.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I went to hotels.com, and literally nothing in Ames came up. The closest hotels were in Ankeny and Boone. They can't be sold already, can they? Probably the hotels just holding them so they can jack up the price later.
The Fairfield has 5 open at $475. LOL.

• Wow
Reactions: rpcyclone2013

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Look up Buddy Guy. And educate yourself. Rare you will find someone that influenced Jimi Hendrix. I know he has more talent than George Strait.

Yes, I paid less than $207 for a nice dinner, tickets, and gas.

George Strait is cool and all for a glorified karaoke singer.

So your tickets were $20 each, you drove from <100 miles away, ate McDonald's, and each had one $10 concert beer. Congrats, I guess?

Also, George actually isn't the only act.

• Dumb
Reactions: 0u812 and wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So your tickets were $20 each, you drove from <100 miles away, ate McDonald's, and each had one $10 concert beer. Congrats, I guess?

Also, George actually isn't the only act.
No I check on what the cheapest buddy guy tickets were for the next show.

I also looked at one in November in Illinois but they were more expensive. I take it he has a Tesla and the extras over two were infants. Because.

IMG_1352.jpg

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
No I check on what the cheapest buddy guy tickets were for the next show.

I also looked at one in November in Illinois but they were more expensive. I take it he has a Tesla and the extras over two were infants. Because.

View attachment 117000
I don’t think he was responding to you BC

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron