Georgetown vs. Illinois

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Anybody watching this (FS1)? Pretty entertaining game. Fast paced. G'town up 1 with 2:00 to play. Ayo has had a decent game.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Patrick Ewing just said his player showed nuts in how he played lol.

The kryptonite to Underwood’s style is discipline, which is why he couldn’t beat Monte. Once Georgetown collected themselves and focused late, they made Illinois pay for the overplays and guarded well as Illinois took silly, rushed shots.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Patrick Ewing just said his player showed nuts in how he played lol.

The kryptonite to Underwood’s style is discipline, which is why he couldn’t beat Monte. Once Georgetown collected themselves and focused late, they made Illinois pay for the overplays and guarded well as Illinois took silly, rushed shots.
And Underwood looked pissed. Oh wait, he always looks pissed.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Akinjo is solid! Prohm definitely knows guards

I was thinking the same thing last night. Akinjo would have looked good in Cardinal and Gold. I also caught some of the Memphis/LSU game. Tyler Harris was bombing 3's from long range (I think 3 for 6 in the 1st half) and getting into the lane just like in AAU vs Tremond (Waters who could be an AA). TH is very fun to watch and a bull dog, for his size.

Doesn't matter in the end as I am very pleased with how Haliburton has looked every bit as good as both TH and Akinjo. Just cool to see the staff's evaluation of the PG is still good, and bodes well for Tre Jackson.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Illini looked like WVU in orange to me. Ewing said afterward that theirs (Illinois) is helter-skelter hoops. Yep. But it was a fun game particularly for this early in the season. I wish K-State was playing at something approaching that level. Yikes.