Getting in the mind of MBB foes based on their posts ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

phatcurt

Ofishul Garbage Poster

01-19-2023, 12:00 AM
Jeeezus I hate to be a doom and gloomer...I'm about as positive a fan as I can think of but this **** is getting ridiculous.

Haven't finished above 7th in the conference since 2016, currently tied for 8th and will probably finish around there. Missed the tourney last year and will most likely do so again this year. Meanwhile, KSU (and ISU) totally flips the script in less than a season.

Groves has been a total no show in conference. We're 50 games into Moser's system and I'm not seeing any improvement. And I'm not talking about wins. Low IQ basketball, poor shooting, head scratchingly bad turnovers, inability to handle success, inability to handle adversity, can't finish through contact, can't get a big bucket when you need it, can't get a big stop when you need it....

Uzan looks like he had the makings of a really good player. CJ has been playing better, have some highly ranked kids signed. But if we don't aren't seeing things start to click next year, I guess we just aren't going to.

And it sucks. College basketball is my favorite sport. Obviously OU is my favorite team. I'm gonna continue to ***** about the arena and schedule, but, hell, we got to get better or just resign ourselves to being DePaul or Colorado.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
jayhawkinMI
Posted on Jan 18th, 9:37 AM, , User Since 223 months ago, User Post Count: 3981
  • Jan 18th, 9:37 AM
  • 223 months
1473jeff said... (original post) FInished OT playing 6 on 2 and lost by one. The fouls called on KU defending on the perimeter were so bad just giving KSU free points when they we...
show more
This. KU was down three starters in OT. McCullar had arguably the worst game of his basketball career. Gradey **** couldn't hit a three to save his life. DuJuan was well-below his normal performance. And we lost by one in OT at KSU. Give KSU credit, they were amped as hell to play and the arena was electric.
Of all the issues we had last night, I think McCullar was the killer. He is supposed to be our wing defender. He should have been able to shut down Tupak Shakur. And he can't hit an open three to save his life or drive to the basket. He's a freakin' mess. Fortunately, we see this scenario play out every year just about this time - mid Jan to Feb swoon for a player(s). They all seem to find their way out and are better for it by March.

Reactions: helechopper

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
jaaronnut22 WVU
Posted on 15 hrs, , User Since 151 months ago, User Post Count: 4616
  • 15 hrs
  • 151 months
Some very good schematic adjustments finally.
1)We quit with the excess ball pressure and denial of the first pass. We actually made TCU run an offense and use the shot clock. How many straight line drives did we give up?

2)The above change allowed our guys not to have to play at a full sprint on defense. When we get beat off the dribble our help defenders get run to death. Not tonight. We were able to shorten our bench because we weren't exhausting everyone.

3)we finally have a team that has 4 guys that can put the ball on the floor with reasonable abilities. So going 5 out on offense allowed us to do what other teams have done to us the last 2 years. Get to the rim without having a post guy in there clogging things up.

I love that Huggs has made changes to the schemes for the players abilities.

Reactions: helechopper

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

arizonafrog12

Active Member​

This TCU team will drop another 6 games in conference play at least. They are not good enough to be near the top of the Big 12. Looking for us to get blown out on Saturday by a far superior opponent. Or maybe we’ll play up to the competition and then crap our pants against OU at home. That would be on brand. But hey, maybe Eddie can dance around after making a routine dunk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
backing-away-slowly-sienfeld.gif

• Winner
Reactions: JM4CY and Alswelk

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
BUCANDOIT82
2:41a, 1/18/23

Last night we only played 8 and Bonner did not play. Flagler and George got a lot more playing time. Love also got more minutes. We are now a dangerous team. Beatable, but dangerous.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
RaiderSalt
Posted on Jan 17th, 9:31 PM, , User Since 62 months ago, User Post Count: 972
  • Jan 17th, 9:31 PM
  • 62 months
We are not going to the tournament this year. Hopefully Adams will get his defense reinstalled, and we start another run next year. Adams can do it, I believe. Not long term, but there is another 3-4 years in him.
The experiment of moving away from 5 position “switch” length, in this defensive scheme, is a failed one in the big 12.
The transfers out, needs to be fixed, period. KM or Shannon, this is a different team, we are losing by a few possessions in the most cutthroat college basketball league there is.

At least we have football coach, and I really think Adams will turn this around next year. If not, it’s another Kirby premature ejaculation extension. We are use to that.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
1slowpoke
Posted on 13 hrs, , User Since 215 months ago, User Post Count: 28350
  • 13 hrs
  • 215 months
We beat OU so we just need to win the rest of our home games and three away games to get to the dance.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Hooked636905
Posted on Jan 17th, 9:24 PM, , User Since 140 months ago, User Post Count: 5759
  • Jan 17th, 9:24 PM
  • 140 months
Just a typical road game in the Big 12.

Iowa State physically bullied Texas tonight. The physicality minimized Carr and Allen and we turned it over too much. Shot under 20% from 3.

Positives? We led by 12 in the 1st half even though we were down by 1 at half. That's an improvement from the last 2 games.
Morris is also getting some valuable minutes and experience that will come in handy later in the year. Disu found a jump shot in the lane.

Gotta work on avoiding the corner double team and more dribble drive and looking for an open shooter on the wing. Team is talented just needs to improve playing together.

And Cunningham has to do something other than throwing it right back to Carr/Hunter when getting a pass on the wing. At least look for a cutter or draw some type of off ball movement on that from the guard. Nauseating watching a pass right back with nothing moving towards the basket.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
those groves kids haven't really panned out the way OU had probably hoped. I remember wanting tanner at one point when he was in the portal but they're just meh.

• Agree
Reactions: GMackey32

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
y bhoovy » Yesterday, 10:43 pm

KSUbetcha wrote:
Yesterday, 9:53 pm
Does that mean we're in sole possession of first place in the Conference, since we've got the tiebreaker over the Hawk's? I think so...

This further validates the theory that any Big 12 team, can beat any other team on a given night. The conference is stacked...
Well we haven’t played ISU yet and they are also 5-1. Of the three 5-1 teams we would currently have best win within conference but only a third of the way into it. ISU goes to OSU Saturday, ku host TCU and we have Tech.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
KUsremlahc10
Posted on 5 hrs, , User Since 172 months ago, User Post Count: 3995
  • 5 hrs
  • 172 months
They have one of the best duos in the country in Johnson and Nowell and some solid role players. You limit either one of them and you have a great chance. The big difference for them was Sills having the game of his career. We did a great job on Nowell and Tomlin (for the most part). Tomlin might be a first rounder. Johnson could even sneak into the first round. They are a team with pros and experienced role players. They will level off some but they are still a good team. I don’t think they win the big 12 and would take KU, ISU, and Texas over them.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
those groves kids haven't really panned out the way OU had probably hoped. I remember wanting tanner at one point when he was in the portal but they're just meh.
The skinny one is absolutely awful if he isn't draining threes. OU took him out and came back on us while he was on the bench. Just seems to get lost on defense constantly.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn

Iowa St. may be vulnerable if they treat it as an​

Posted on: January 16, 2023 at 12:24:00 CT
Lovely Rita MIZ

Member For:
10.09 yrs

exhibition placed smack in the middle of the difficult B12 schedule. On the other hand it would currently be a Quad1 road win so they may play it to the max.

Self said he’d rather beat Iowa St than Kentucky for example - which tells you his attitude towards the whole thing. It is crazy putting these in the middle of the conference schedule.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
He was previously, and isn't this his first year back there? Hard to judge based on one year.
Billy Kennedy built them up. Murray State got worse in his prior 3 years there. I guess he needs more time maybe, but his results are all over the board there again. One week he’s beating a ranked team, the next he’s getting beat by Bellarmine by double digits.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Billy Kennedy built them up. Murray State got worse in his prior 3 years there. I guess he needs more time maybe, but his results are all over the board there again. One week he’s beating a ranked team, the next he’s getting beat by Bellarmine by double digits.

He inherited one scholarship player...........and two total players this time.