Given what we're all assuming with Dekkers, who do you want to start at QB?

Dale Ernhardt

Dec 5, 2022
JJ Kohl was in Ames last spring for Spring Ball. He could be more ready than we think. Rocco seems like the logical QB to start the season. He has the most time with the team of all the QBs, and he does wear a very good number. I have heard speculation that JJ might have taken over for Hunter mid season. It's too early to know how this will play out.

Regarding Hunter: What a bone head he is! I don't want him back even if he can his punishment reduced from the NCCAA. He knew the rules, and chose to ignore them. He needs to leave Ames now! Hunter is dead to me!

Reactions: Jeffrey Scott

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
JJ Kohl was in Ames last spring for Spring Ball. He could be more ready than we think. Rocco seems like the logical QB to start the season. He has the most time with the team of all the QBs, and he does wear a very good number. I have heard speculation that JJ might have taken over for Hunter mid season. It's too early to know how this will play out.

Regarding Hunter: What a bone head he is! I don't want him back even if he can his punishment reduced from the NCCAA. He knew the rules, and chose to ignore them. He needs to leave Ames now! Hunter is dead to me!
There is no intent here on my part to kick the kid while he’s down, but the fact is that we were 4-8 last year with him at quarterback. So from that standpoint he won’t be missed. It's a little like everybody being upset with Deon Sanders clearing out the roster at Colorado. That group of kids was 1-11 last year. I understand there are other issues involved but only from the standpoint of football it's a good thing for Colorado there's a new group of kids if that makes sense.

• Agree
Reactions: SelfMade

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I am fine with whoever is best, but I hope JJ can be that guy. Not excited to rely on another short QB.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He could go NAIA. Someone on a thread somewhere said Dekkers was hanging about Dort University this summer, and we may now know the reason why.
KXNO caller this AM said he was at Dordt and Northwestern College.

Reactions: Statefan10

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
There is no intent here on my part to kick the kid while he’s down, but the fact is that we were 4-8 last year with him at quarterback. So from that standpoint he won’t be missed. It's a little like everybody being upset with Deon Sanders clearing out the roster at Colorado. That group of kids was 1-11 last year. I understand there are other issues involved but only from the standpoint of football it's a good thing for Colorado there's a new group of kids if that makes sense.
This is a blessing in disguise. Hunter always had the physical tools to be a good QB here, but had issues between his ears

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
? Being short as a QB does not determine how good you are.
A hawk fan (played for Iowa in the 70's) tried to tell me that Petras was better than Purdy because he was taller. He went into some detailed explanation about arm angles and such. I tried my best to keep a straight face during the conversation.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Tanner Hughes is ranked as the #114 best Juco player according to B247 Sports. They ranked up to 297 so not bad. He must be more than just added depth at QB.

Reactions: RagingCloner

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
This is the most embarrassing episode since Sam Mack robbed the Burger King.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
What a CF moment to see this post "dumbed" by a person with a "RagingCloner" handle
I only dumbed it because i think its a wasted opportunity. Now eventually we will get there, but i like big cocc rocc personally for the time being, only because I dont think Kohl starts right away. But honestly, if we keep up the **** humor, our QB room is legendary.

Big **** Brock
Big cocc rocc?
Big Pohl Kohl
Screws Hughes
And the Bohmer Boner

Big fan