GMac Era By the Numbers

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
:notworthy::notworthy: Thanks for making this, must of taken forever.

Average in games where opponent has winning record: 15 - 44

FAIL.

lol, thanks...

Yes, major FAIL and if we want to count so far this year even though the year is not done, we are 1-4 against teams with a winning record, 1-0 versus teams with .500 record and 10-0 versus teams with a losing record. So basically 16-48 against winning teams if you count this year so far.

Average record this year of teams we've beaten? 3.5 - 10.5
Average margin of victory? 19.5

Average record of teams we've lost to? 12 - 2.8
Average loss margin? 11.3

We have improved so far this year, but still the last handful of games have been semi bad to say the least

Last edited:

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Why do I feel like we will get to the the Fiesta Bowl before we get to the NCAA tourney again?

And all this "Star Rating Talk" Get me a 1 star from anywhere that can box out and play help out defense.

I predicted a few weeks ago we will start 0-5 in conference. I think I might be right on that. Of course I would love to be wrong. Our guys have to really circle the wagaons and prove people wrong. Play with some passion and like every game is an elimination game (b/c it almost is)

I agree..and I hope you're wrong too about 0-5 but unfortunately.......you know......we have the potential to be fine, but I haven't seen it against any good teams yet.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
this was a lot of work to explain to us that Mac has not been good.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of people in the last 3-4 years who seem to think GMac is an awesome coach and all this stuff. I wanted to show some actual proof to those people especially because I was a wayne morgan fan.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Let's not forget all the players leaving during GMac era.

Wesley Johnson, Cory Johnson, Corey McIntosh, Dodie Dunson, Clayton Vette, Marcus Brister, Wes Eikmeier, Clinton Mann, L.A. Pomlee.. Not to mention Justin Hamilton threatening to transfer to Ohio last year, and a few others last year and probably Dominique Buckley (I don't blame him). There's a lottery pick leaving our team and also Mr. Basketball Iowa, Mr. Basketball Nebraska

Or the fact Rahshon Clark is the only guy who stayed with GMac got hired and everyone else left

Some of those guys couldn't compete in Big 12, but some could and they know something we don't but we might be finally figuring out. I forgot to add in the recruiting thing but we also got Mr. Basketball Wisconsin to transfer to ISU.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Justin Hamilton threatened to transfer last year? I hadn't heard that. Interesting.

There is no question that Mac has run off some decent to very good players. Some who underperformed as well, but the turnover under his direction seems to have been abnormally high.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Justin Hamilton threatened to transfer last year? I hadn't heard that. Interesting.

There is no question that Mac has run off some decent to very good players. Some who underperformed as well, but the turnover under his direction seems to have been abnormally high.

I used to be a Rivals member until maybe June of 2009 and remember hearing from a member he was threatening to transfer to Ohio University in March or April and then decided not to. There was a week where there were all these rumors of players wanting to leave but most stayed...Boozer was another. Everyone almost imploded because the sky almost fell