GMac's explosion at the game today

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Players still have to buy into what Mac has to say...from what I can see the team has lost faith in Mac. A lot of this is due to player rotation and not getting into the flow of the game. Mac gets sub happy and players don't know when they are going to go in or come out.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Is that Fennelly's way of giving Mac is support and attempting to get a message out to us that maybe it isn't all him? I have to think so. I have enough respect for BF that that statement carries a lot of weight, at least to me.

Totally agree. I have total faith in BF and if he is vouching for GMac, that means something in my book.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Players still have to buy into what Mac has to say...from what I can see the team has lost faith in Mac. A lot of this is due to player rotation and not getting into the flow of the game. Mac gets sub happy and players don't know when they are going to go in or come out.[/QUOTE

SOme of that is not up to Mac. The only way you make players by in is by winning. If they don't buy in, you don't win. It's a viscous cycle.
I really don't know any other way to make a team buy in other than sitting down with the team and having a very serious team meeting in which he talks about them having to trust him. A bad system of theory by a coach is better than no system. He has to get that into there head. I really hope this thing turns around for Mac. He is just the type of guy I want coaching our team. Right now we do not have anything but exceptional people coaching our teams and I do not want to sacrifice that for wins.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007