"Go Cyclones" from Gene Chizik on Jay Mohr show

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
IMG_1661_gallery_post.jpg

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I like Mohr's show and catch is sometimes. That said, did anyone actually hear what Chiz said today and can provide some context?

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Chizik was only in the state of Iowa for a couple years and yet he dislikes the Hoks, I don't have a problem with that.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I thought Jay having his own show would be great. It's okay but not as good as I would of hoped.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I thought Jay having his own show would be great. It's okay but not as good as I would of hoped.

It's gotten better as it's went along. The first couple weeks were terrible - way too much of his Christopher Walken impression and too schticky. Since then the quality of his guests has steadily improved and the show is fast paced with good banter among everyone in the studio. I could do without the audio drops, but that's nipicking. I'll take it over Jim Rome and his gigantic ego any day of the week.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It's gotten better as it's went along. The first couple weeks were terrible - way too much of his Christopher Walken impression and too schticky. Since then the quality of his guests has steadily improved and the show is fast paced with good banter among everyone in the studio. I could do without the audio drops, but that's nipicking. I'll take it over Jim Rome and his gigantic ego any day of the week.

Actually his impressions are what I enjoy most.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Without any more context (thanks, OP) I feel like this could be Chizik trolling Auburn more than ISU.

The dude was HC at two schools, and obviously much more prominent at one, but they fired him. So saying "Go Cyclones" may be a bit of a shot at Auburn as he is (in a way) forgetting about them.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Chizik was a mercenary coach...he was never an ISU guy. Every one of us knew it when he was hired so I don't really get all the fuss when he left and all the hate. He left like mercenary coach.

What people should be ****** about is how bad a coaching staff he put together.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron