Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
It seems like there is some sort of setting where if the last post of the thread is more than 7-10 days old before it gets a new post, you are sent to page 1 post 1 rather than the first unread post.

This is a bit annoying as we encourage people to bump older post when they have things to add.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Bump. Can this be addressed? It's very annyoing since you took away the thread number links.

For example I know I've read through most the Ragbrai thread, but it hasn't been bumped in awhile so I'm taken to the first post instead of last read.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
But there is a "go to first unread post" button. I assumed it was some cost-saving step by CF. No need to index threads that are not being posted to.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Ah that would make sense. I didn't realize it was there. have to click on the little button you don't really notice, not thread title. But if the default on clicking a thread title is first unread, how is that little button any different from a cost saving perspective?

Still has to index where I last was regardless. You're actually making it work harder to forget where I was when clicking the thread title.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I just did a test on the Facilities thread. Click on title, first post. Click on little button, most recent post.

I guess I just don't get why we have them differentiated. Unless you think someone is so forgetful about what the thread was, they needed to go back even though it was only a week or so old. If they didn't understand what had been said previously, they could click on the first page link.

CycloneCJ

Jan 21, 2008
Plymouth, MN
I just did a test on the Facilities thread. Click on title, first post. Click on little button, most recent post.

I guess I just don't get why we have them differentiated. Unless you think someone is so forgetful about what the thread was, they needed to go back even though it was only a week or so old. If they didn't understand what had been said previously, they could click on the first page link.

I agree. I find it very annoying. Just use the logic from the little blue button on the thread title please. There is no scenario where I want to re-read an entire thread.

• Winner
Reactions: Farnsworth