Golf Handicap

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Does anyone use either The Grint or Diablo Golf apps for their handicaps? Diablo Golf seems to me a pretty simple app, while the Grint appears to get way more in depth, but it costs $19.99 to go "pro" to get all the functionality. Just wondering if either are worth it. Of if anyone has any other recommendations.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Are you just curious about your handicap? I'm not aware of those or if they would be recognized for IGA or PGA tourneys. I think I pay $30 for my GHIN through my course.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I used to keep track of my own in a spreadsheet, using the course ratings and slope etc. Then I realized that as a "bogey golfer" it was so high as to be kind of embarassing. So now I just say my handicap is a lack of consistency.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Both the apps say they provide you with your PGA Certified Handicap. I believe the PGA and Diablo Golf were in a lawsuit that was finally settled and Diablo can offer your Handicap now.

Like I said earlier Diablo Golf is basic. You find the course you played drop in your score in total. There are social functions as well.

Grint you can use on the course, to keep track of your score by hole, as well as number of puts, placement of tee shot, and penalty strokes. The paid version it also acts as a GPS. While having still having the social functions of either. I look at the Grint as a way to really help you understand your game, but not sure if it is worth it for a hack like me.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I used to keep track of my own in a spreadsheet, using the course ratings and slope etc. Then I realized that as a "bogey golfer" it was so high as to be kind of embarassing. So now I just say my handicap is a lack of consistency.
I was going to say, unfortunately my handicap is my golf game.

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale
I use the Swing By Swing app. I use the GPS to tell how many yards out I am and then once you get to the green it asks for your score on that hole. Then it automatically updates your handicap at the end of the round. Best part is it's free.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I use the Swing By Swing app. I use the GPS to tell how many yards out I am and then once you get to the green it asks for your score on that hole. Then it automatically updates your handicap at the end of the round. Best part is it's free.

Sounds like if I used that I'd be lucky to have 5% battery left at the end of a round.

Of course that could be due to my less than stellar phone & even lesser than stellar golf game..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron