Grass Lots for TCU

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So is there a walkable place to park east of the stadium? I know they suggested people park on campus in places like the MU garage, but I really don't want to drive through campus on game day, sounds like a headache. Have they setup a park and ride anywhere since the grass lots closed?

Yes, but it's my secret area so I'm not telling you

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
So is there a walkable place to park east of the stadium? I know they suggested people park on campus in places like the MU garage, but I really don't want to drive through campus on game day, sounds like a headache. Have they setup a park and ride anywhere since the grass lots closed?

Honestly, I've never really had much issue getting around campus on game day. It's the weekend so not nearly as much foot traffic as during a normal weekday (besides the obvious Lincoln Way/Beach Ave areas adjacent to the stadium area).

CyFamilyMom

Dec 14, 2013
At the L-M game, we saw quite a few cars park in the DOT lot by Hy-Vee. Is that allowed? Kind of like Hy-Vee (discouraged, but they won’t do anything)? We are happy to walk, but prefer not to pay if we won’t be tailgating.

every_yard

Aug 25, 2006
At the L-M game, we saw quite a few cars park in the DOT lot by Hy-Vee. Is that allowed? Kind of like Hy-Vee (discouraged, but they won’t do anything)? We are happy to walk, but prefer not to pay if we won’t be tailgating.

I have parked there every game for the last two years. There’s a lot parking spots there and not a lot of people use it and/or know about it. Easy walk to the stadium.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Thanks. I usually park in the giant Hy-Vee/Hobby Lobby parking lot, but lately they've had signs saying they will tow people who park there for football. Has anyone ever actually been towed during a game from places like Hy-Vee, Ames Christian, Coldwater, etc.?
Yes. For the Iowa game they parked near Joann Fabric before the signs went up and were towed. $250+ to get it back

• Informative
Reactions: Macloney

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Thanks. I usually park in the giant Hy-Vee/Hobby Lobby parking lot, but lately they've had signs saying they will tow people who park there for football. Has anyone ever actually been towed during a game from places like Hy-Vee, Ames Christian, Coldwater, etc.?

I guess I should have said ACS and Coldwater are not free.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Yes parking in the DOT lot is ok. The east entrance by HyVee is the only way in or out. The rest have gates. They have a sign by the entrance saying ok to park, just no fires, booze, firearms, hookers, etc..

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
What's your point? In 1
This is what Kinnick will always look like in my mind:

Kinnick-water-logged.jpg

What's your point? Did Iowa have a game scheduled that day? They spent another million and replaced their drainage system and field

Were you around in 1993 when Hilton filled with toxic flood water? Right up to the basketball rims? Were you around when it flooded again a couple months before Fred's tenure?

If we're going to play fb in sh#tty weather on national TV---with thousands of no-shows, at least have a playable, nice-looking field. There is 100% chance of thunderstorms @ 11AM.

Are you still married to this crappy grass field @ Trice? It'll be bad optics, all the way around today

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Newsflash: No one gives a **** how a field looks.

I'm also not convinced field turf provides much better of a surface after watching games the last month or so and seeing players slipping on field turf just as they would with grass.

• Winner
Reactions: Macloney

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What's your point? In 1

What's your point? Did Iowa have a game scheduled that day? They spent another million and replaced their drainage system and field

Were you around in 1993 when Hilton filled with toxic flood water? Right up to the basketball rims? Were you around when it flooded again a couple months before Fred's tenure?

If we're going to play fb in sh#tty weather on national TV---with thousands of no-shows, at least have a playable, nice-looking field. There is 100% chance of thunderstorms @ 11AM.

Are you still married to this crappy grass field @ Trice? It'll be bad optics, all the way around today

With them moving the kick off to 1pm you seem to have been wrong on all accounts. Field looked pretty good given the weather and attendance filled in nicely after the 1st quarter. But I'll grant you a game at 11 would have been entirely different.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC