Great Date Ideas

nb06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2007
Hey Guys,

This weather is really cramping my style. Anyone got any date ideas for the Ames area. Something cheap or expensive I don't really care at this point. Hoping a few different sets of eyes will open up my creativity a bit!

Thanks in Advance :notworthy:

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
Search for a fancy dinner recipe on line together, go to the store together, buy the stuff (You pay), chop, dice and slice, saute', grill, enjoy. You could get a nice dinner for $15-$20 bucks and spend about 4 hours from start to finish...then ....who knows....

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Search for a fancy dinner recipe on line together, go to the store together, buy the stuff (You pay), chop, dice and slice, saute', grill, enjoy. You could get a nice dinner for $15-$20 bucks and spend about 4 hours from start to finish...then ....who knows....

Second this. My wife loved when we did this during our dating years.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Hey Guys,

This weather is really cramping my style. Anyone got any date ideas for the Ames area. Something cheap or expensive I don't really care at this point. Hoping a few different sets of eyes will open up my creativity a bit!

Thanks in Advance :notworthy:
One of the things we did while still in Ames was just walking all around campus at night, and stopping at the various spots that were special to us as a couple. It was a lot of fun.

Ledges was a good place to go to for a walk when it was nice out as well. There's a ballroom dancing club on campus that meets on Friday nights at 7 (I think) in the basement of Forker. Making dinner together (as mentioned above) is also a lot of fun.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
One of the things we did while still in Ames was just walking all around campus at night, and stopping at the various spots that were special to us as a couple. It was a lot of fun.

Ledges was a good place to go to for a walk when it was nice out as well. There's a ballroom dancing club on campus that meets on Friday nights at 7 (I think) in the basement of Forker. Making dinner together (as mentioned above) is also a lot of fun.

Campanile is a good stop.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
Go tubing or skiing at 7 oaks in Boone.

nb06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2007
Thanks a lot guys. Might save my a$$!

Haha, thanks for the warning on DC's.

Leech! Should have consulted him first!!:jimlad:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Have you sealed the deal yet or not? Because this is important to how you proceed from here. Assuming you haven't, we'll go through the steps.

1) Invite her to your place to pre-game. This is important because you will root out right away how interested she is. If she's squeamish with a bach pad, RUN AWAY. This screams high maintenance. Remember not to be too into her right off the bat. Offer her a beer, let her know there's more if she needs it, but DO NOT dote on her hand and foot. This causes her to lose interest.

2) Remember to sort of ignore her, but not too much. You don't want her to get bored, but you don't want to hover. Hovering betrays your lack of confidence.

3) After some pre-gaming at your place, head out to the bars with a group, or to a party where there will be friends of yours in attendance. This is to see how she handles your friends. If she isn't having fun, she's probably a huge *****. Again, still play it detached. Remember to either say REALLY funny things, or somehow demonstrate some skill be it prowess at a drinking game, musically, comedically, or just showing you aren't an idiot. You have to demonstrate that you at least have some kind of ability at something.

4) Around 11:00-12:00PM, you start moving in a little bit more. Maybe put your arm around her back, something like that. Continue for an hour or so, while continuing to socialize with others. Say that you're starting to get a little bit hungry, ask if she wants to get some late night munchies. She likely will, so you let her pick the place.

5) After you get some food, go back to your places because "people are coming over for after hours".

6) Well, you get the idea.

Go get 'em tiger!

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Have you sealed the deal yet or not? Because this is important to how you proceed from here. Assuming you haven't, we'll go through the steps.

1) Invite her to your place to pre-game. This is important because you will root out right away how interested she is. If she's squeamish with a bach pad, RUN AWAY. This screams high maintenance. Remember not to be too into her right off the bat. Offer her a beer, let her know there's more if she needs it, but DO NOT dote on her hand and foot. This causes her to lose interest.

2) Remember to sort of ignore her, but not too much. You don't want her to get bored, but you don't want to hover. Hovering betrays your lack of confidence.

3) After some pre-gaming at your place, head out to the bars with a group, or to a party where there will be friends of yours in attendance. This is to see how she handles your friends. If she isn't having fun, she's probably a huge *****. Again, still play it detached. Remember to either say REALLY funny things, or somehow demonstrate some skill be it prowess at a drinking game, musically, comedically, or just showing you aren't an idiot. You have to demonstrate that you at least have some kind of ability at something.

4) Around 11:00-12:00PM, you start moving in a little bit more. Maybe put your arm around her back, something like that. Continue for an hour or so, while continuing to socialize with others. Say that you're starting to get a little bit hungry, ask if she wants to get some late night munchies. She likely will, so you let her pick the place.

5) After you get some food, go back to your places because "people are coming over for after hours".

6) Well, you get the idea.

Go get 'em tiger!

This might be the single greatest post in CF history. Well played my friend.:notworthy:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
This might be the single greatest post in CF history. Well played my friend.:notworthy:

Thank you kindly, sir. This approach was developed after some major trial and major error. It's a combination of the principles of the Tao of Steve, with some of my own specific experience (steps 1, 4, and 5 in particular) thrown in for good measure.

It's a great approach. If you execute the steps succesfully and fail, it usually means that she's not the kind of girl you want to sink a lot of effort into.