Gymnasts fall to #14 Stanford

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I just got back from the gymnastics meet. For the most part, we performed very well (and MUCH improved from our last home meet) but there were a few too many stumbles to outscore Stanford. We're winless so far, but can take consolation in two things: 1) every single team that we compete against is nationally ranked, usually in the top 5 or 7, and 2) Iowa is coming. We pulverize the GymHawks (oh, how original- I'm sure you'll tell me that Georgia copied Iowa, not the other way around) on a twice-annual basis. Our coaching staff seems to really connect with the athletes, and the scores are improving fairly quickly. Hopefully we'll be back in the Super Six within a year or two!

jamesfnb

Apr 9, 2006
I'm not a student so I paid the normal ticket price and it was $7. My daughter is in the Lil Clone Club so she gets in free.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Tickets are even cheaper than women's basketball. I think adult is $7, students are $3 or $5, Cy's Pass gets you in free, Lil Clone gets you in free. Meets are a great time, and good for little kids (esp. girls). Today there were 47 (yes, that's correct) Girl Scout troops in attendance, all of whom got a free pink Cyclone Alley shirt (left over from yesterday) and went over to get their programs autographed by the team after the meet.

Even you hardcore football-basketball-or-nothing guys should go to a meet, if only to check out the beginning of their intro video: it's basically a knockoff of a National Weather Service disaster announcement, and is nothing short of BA. You all need to go see it, and then go home and email Pollard to say "OMG you have to put that in the football intro next fall!"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron