NFL: Hakeem Butler Invited to Steelers Camp

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wow... look how much bigger he is now than he was back then.

Before his freshman year he worked the camp ISU used to do where kids could run drills and do the autographs and stuff. He was absolutely OUTSTANDING with the kids, but I swear to god he weighed 165 pounds. I've always been a huge fan of his from that day and I wish him nothing but the best.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Would Hakeem have been on the same team as Downing at one time? Both getting their shot with the Steelers at the same time is coincidental…….maybe. Always wonder what goes on in the weeds when decisions are made and what network is tilted toward Ames in this case.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Hard to believe those highlights are just one year. The baylor highlight alone of him muscling down defenders was so beautiful, that must have happened the following year. I miss Hakeem. I could watch his and Breece's highlights allll day.

Hopefully ISU can land another prolific WR like Lazard or Butler sometime, those days were so much fun.

Good luck Hakeem! I would love it if Green Bay invited you in, but Steelers like to air it out so I can live with that.

Last edited:

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Maybe I'm wrong here but the Steelers WR room doesn't look that strong either. Maaaaaaybe he can sneak a final roster spot if things go well? Hope he can at least catch on a practice squad somewhere.

I know the Eagles liked him as a tight end so maybe he'll get more looks because of that too.

• Agree
Reactions: BigLame and JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Maybe I'm wrong here but the Steelers WR room doesn't look that strong either. Maaaaaaybe he can sneak a final roster spot if things go well? Hope he can at least catch on a practice squad somewhere.

I know the Eagles liked him as a tight end so maybe he'll get more looks because of that too.
He's a good blocker so that I think that should help his cause.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If he didn’t have the chance to ball out in the XFL is career probably was dead.

I know spring football gets made fun of a lot but if it gives guys like Hakeem a second chance at NFL glory when they really deserve it/had bad luck the first time around... then it has a value.

The NFL tried making one in the early 1990s with the WLAF/NFL Europe. I'm surprised it didn't work with the NFL shield being attached to it or they haven't tried again themselves since then.

Reactions: Cycsk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron