Haliburton on TNT/HBO Max now, Quarter Finals Mid season tournament

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
1. Pacers need to add muscle/enforcer to make next step and this is a playoffs type of preview. Carlisle has coached physically tough teams before. It’s good for them to run into such a physical non finesse team.

2. If anything Pacers got beneficial calls in first half…but you are not going to get any officiating benefits in second half vs Lakers with something on the line. Not how the NBA has ever worked. You have to outshoot them substantially like the Nuggets did last year to take whistles out of equation and just take it from them with zero doubt.

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well I'm thinking this one is done. These teams both played to win tonight. Some stellar defense by both teams. Some entertaining offense. It was a good game.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
No shame in losing to the Lakers when AD manages to show up.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I'm guessing few know that two of the hottest players in professional sports played at Iowa State.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The announcers were praising AD for ramming his defender in the chest. I guess I don’t watch enough NBA because that seems like an offensive foul in the rest of the world.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Pacers need upgrades at a number of positions. Lakers basically doubled Halliburton when he got across half court and no one else was able step up…even when Tyrese was feeding them shots.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Where is @deadeyededric I’m sure he’s rooting for LeLakers.
Who the **** spends their Saturday nights watching NBA basketball? Sorry about your bad luck. Don't assume I'm as pathetic and bored as you. I don't have a fetish for 20 something year old men because of where they attended college for a few years. Has no bearing on my life.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Bewilderme

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Question: I am just serving this up to stimulate a thought (and too d lazy to check on it because it seems obvious) but is Tyrese the highest-paid former Iowa State athlete ever?

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Question: I am just serving this up to stimulate a thought (and too d lazy to check on it because it seems obvious) but is Tyrese the highest-paid former Iowa State athlete ever?
For sure, but that may change In about 1-1.5 years.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Easily, he's going to make 250 million over the next 5 years and be 28 when it's done. No reason to think he won't get another max contract if he's healthy.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Technically he isn’t even the highest paid Iowa Stater in the NBA until his new contract goes into effect. I think THT is the highest paid this year.

Reactions: StClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron