Has anyone played TPC Deere Run?

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
If so, what advice do you have for it? I have a tournament there next weekend. TIA

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
I've played it several times. The last time the week before the Tour showed up. The green-side rough was your worst home lawn on steroids. 4+ inches of "now what do I do?"

The 3rd hole is terrible, a bad excuse from getting off the 2nd green to the 4th tee. A blind 180+ par 3.

The front 9 then gets repetitive. 5 and 6 are the same holes. 9 is a beast.

Back 9 is a roller coaster. Level then down towards the Rock River, the back up to the 18th.

Have fun,

Reactions: UNI1ISU2

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I have played it 3 times. It actually has friendly landing areas from the tee. The approach shots is where they make it challenging.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
I've played it several times. The last time the week before the Tour showed up. The green-side rough was your worst home lawn on steroids. 4+ inches of "now what do I do?"

The 3rd hole is terrible, a bad excuse from getting off the 2nd green to the 4th tee. A blind 180+ par 3.

The front 9 then gets repetitive. 5 and 6 are the same holes. 9 is a beast.

Back 9 is a roller coaster. Level then down towards the Rock River, the back up to the 18th.

Have fun,
I have played it 30+ times. 5 and 6 are hardly the same hole. 5 is much longer with way more trouble. Stay left as far as you can as the fairway slopes to the right and leaves you with tree trouble to reach the green in two. 6 is a shorter par 4 that you do not use a driver on, typically use a 5 iron to hybrid 3 depending on the wind and tee placement. Great course that I try to play 4-5 times a season.