Has there been any public reporting of ISU athletes and NIL money received?

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Like others here have said, there are several players with T-shirt deals. I think David Carr signed for some wrestling shoe/gear money. These type of things were the intent of the NIL rules.

Now, if your asking if we've had any big donors step up an 'buy' players as it seems is happening in many other places, I've not heard of it at ISU yet.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I think OP and others (including myself) are just wondering what's out there in the public "eye."

I mean, young men athletes aren't exactly generally "secretive and private" about endorsement deals. Also, it kind of defeats the purpose.

Reactions: cyfanatic

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
I do wonder as Coaches and ADs start advertising how much their players are getting via NIL if there will be any Title IX issues.

Reactions: khardbored

MushroomPinball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2017
I do wonder as Coaches and ADs start advertising how much their players are getting via NIL if there will be any Title IX issues.
Would that even come into play since the NIL deals are all outside of the university? It would be one thing if the university was directly paying the players but it's all technically private agreements between businesses and athletes.

Apr 19, 2006
I haven't seen anything, has anyone seen anything?

If we are ever going to start it would be good to drop a couple of bags for Moten and R Mason Thomas to keep them from going to Oklahoma. Granted we won't be able to match what Oklahoma would be able to pay, but who knows if Oklahoma is planning on paying the two.