cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
talking-who-saw-ferris-pass-out-at31flavors-last-night.gif

• Dislike
Reactions: m7nick

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
Same here. I didn't care if Ward played. More concerned if he is injured. Because we are going to get in foul trouble. Depth is a nice thing to have.
It was a great win. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: daniel22 and m7nick

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
i just have a hard time seeing Bob Jones get all of those minutes. There's just no way Ward is that much worse than him.

That being said, TJ is the coach and knows things we don't, and I trust him.
Bob Jones looks like he has improved immensely relative to last year. They throw the ball to him in the post on purpose this year and he has proven he can make some baskets.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Everyone is so sensitive to these questions, it is not undermining TJ decision just questions, early in the year he seemed to get a decent amount of mins, since he was in street clothes I would presume and injury.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I noticed it with the Oklahoma game, it was halftime and there was no Hason Ward on the floor. If it were an injury wouldn’t they announce it much like Kunc’s? T.J. is usually pretty open with the media on that, regardless of the severity. You hate to speculate, but a valid question.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The real significance of Ward not being in the rotation is we'll likely make Center our top priority in transfer season. However, I think it could of been already.

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
Everyone is so sensitive to these questions, it is not undermining TJ decision just questions, early in the year he seemed to get a decent amount of mins, since he was in street clothes I would presume and injury.

I think the thing is that every year there are fringe players who play a little bit as the 9th or 10th man in the rotation, guys who get minutes early in the season because a) the games are not as close and the coach might want to try them in different situations and b) the games are not as close and the coach would prefer to save the players who are going to play more for the conference season, especially in a conference like the Big 12 where each game is a battle. The less tread on the tires before conference season begins the better, so to speak.

For some reason, a portion of Iowa State fans assume that someone getting 9 minutes of IUPUI at home is going to get 9 minutes against TCU on the road. This is despite the fact that almost every basketball coach in the history of basketball shortens their roster during the conference season. I do not know why there is a certain segment of the fanbase that refuses to accept this information, but it is simply true.

The reason people are annoyed by these threads is because of the above. It is a "valid question" I guess except it isn't, really, because the answer is self-evident. He isn't getting any minutes because TJ is playing the other guys.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
He has played in 12 of 14 games but is only averaging 6 min/game in high D1 competition (48 min in 8 games-0 min in last 2).

1673155813291.png

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I left my uni and shoes in a road game locker room once.
I brought my Home uniform to an away game as a freshman. It was no big deal until we blew out the other team and coach wanted to empty the bench. Coach had one of the seniors swap uniforms with me in the locker room during the 4th quarter. I ended up draining a three to push us over 100 pts. I don’t recall how the jersey number thing was handled.

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
I think the thing is that every year there are fringe players who play a little bit as the 9th or 10th man in the rotation, guys who get minutes early in the season because a) the games are not as close and the coach might want to try them in different situations and b) the games are not as close and the coach would prefer to save the players who are going to play more for the conference season, especially in a conference like the Big 12 where each game is a battle. The less tread on the tires before conference season begins the better, so to speak.

For some reason, a portion of Iowa State fans assume that someone getting 9 minutes of IUPUI at home is going to get 9 minutes against TCU on the road. This is despite the fact that almost every basketball coach in the history of basketball shortens their roster during the conference season. I do not know why there is a certain segment of the fanbase that refuses to accept this information, but it is simply true.

The reason people are annoyed by these threads is because of the above. It is a "valid question" I guess except it isn't, really, because the answer is self-evident. He isn't getting any minutes because TJ is playing the other guys.
Was not my question and I agree with your answer. Just curious why so many are just plain a..holes. Not hard to just ignore and move on. Do people enjoy it, think it's funny. Looking back at a serious post this week from Jeremy, it was nice to see compassion and caring.