Hawkeye Christmas Gifts

borc4cy

Aug 26, 2006
DSM, IA
Did anybody get a Hawkeye fan anything for Christmas? I got my girlfriends parents (Huge Hawk Fans) A bottle of Ciclone Rum. I tape a message on there "Heres to another disappoining season by the Iowa Hawkeyes, and another year of accepting the fact its a CYCLONE STATE! Enjoy!! From waht I heard from the GF her dad was not impressed what so ever. I thought it was hilarious. I told him I would hope for the samething if the Hawks had won. O well.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
No buying anything hawk related from me, I don't want to support them through merchandise purchases.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
You didn't use a credit card for your purchase did you?:skeptical:

Or try to exit a gated parking lot without paying...

While sticking a pool cue in someone's eye...

And clubbing them over a cable bill...

As you drink underage on a Ped Mall...

While holding up a Burger King...

(whoops - forget the last one. That's not funny...)

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
No buying anything hawk related from me, I don't want to support them through merchandise purchases.

Amen. same thing here, I don't buy anything hawk related...everyone i buy gifts for knows not to ask for it from me, cuz they won't get it.

I bought plent of Iowa State stuff though, and this was a really good year to buy ISU apparel.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I had a Squawk on my list, and boy is he a typical Squawk fan at that.

He comes into the place with his god awful Hawk coat on.

So I say to him: "I see you haven't gotten your new Iowa gear with the updated colors and logo".

He looks at me confused. "What are you talking about?"

I say, "Well they are changing their colors to orange and the back of all the jerseys is going to say Johnson County Jail."

He has a puzzled look on his face. "Where is Johnson County?"

My jaw drops. "That is the county where Iowa City is."

His sits there puzzled. "We only had like 3 guys get in trouble with the law"

At this point I was so blown away I took a drink of my beer and walked away.

Here is a guy who wears nothing but Hawkeye crap and knows absolutely nothing about the what is going on at EIU. Very typical. In any case, I am only related to him because my cousin married the idiot.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Well, whatever you get them, you know for sure that it will likely be overhyped, overpriced and not perform as advertised.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
How well do you know your GF parents? If they can take a little razing and you are on good terms with them I would think something like that would be ok but if you haven't been dating too long and haven't done enough with them to really know them well then I can see how that could look bad.

borc4cy

Aug 26, 2006
DSM, IA
We have dated for more then a year and have met her parents about a dozen times. I saw him the other day and ask him if it was good, he didnt say anything. But her mom loves me to death, I could careless about him, if Im in good with the mom then your good. I told him I would expect the same from him, The bottle was only $16 at HyVee. havent tried it myslef just wondering if anybody else has.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
We have dated for more then a year and have met her parents about a dozen times. I saw him the other day and ask him if it was good, he didnt say anything. But her mom loves me to death, I could careless about him, if Im in good with the mom then your good. I told him I would expect the same from him, The bottle was only $16 at HyVee. havent tried it myslef just wondering if anybody else has.

Had it down at the EV1.net Houston Bowl and it is not too bad at all. Of course that was inside the stadium after having a few outside so my taste buds may have been under the influence at the time.