Hawkeye Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
What is the source of my hatred for Iowa?

For me:

1) Classless drunken . . taunting Iowa fans.
2) Media bias. Whether it is Zabel, the Des Moines Register, telecasting of games, radio/tv coverage issue . . to the constant not so subtle ridicule from sports show hosts . . . we have a problem in this state.
3) The huge double standard between U of I and ISU. From KF's son living in subsidized housing to the most recent arrests and conduct of the U of I sports department . . NOTHING SEEMS TO STICK . . which reflects media bias I believe.
4) Iowa's fortune of playing in the weak Big 10. They can get mighty mo going after a few conference victories . . ISU does not have that same advantage.
5) Family and friends . . calling to brag about (their ) "big win over ISU . . with the caveat, "(We) didn't play or wrestle very well."
6) Personal attacks against Jamie Pollard who has raised the level of expectations at ISU.
7) The Cy-Hawk series . . is favors the home team year in and out . . period.
8) Perplexing set of Gable attitudes and behaviors against ISU.

Having said all this . . positives:

1) Sports takes a big second place to family and other outside interests.
2) I know longer live or die by ISU, Iowa, or any other team (professional or college).
3) I watch more high school sports where you can enjoy pure competition that doesn't involve big money, classless behavior, or cheating.
4) I remember the real athletes and heroes (from all states across the country) serving in our military . . laying their families and lives on the line . . day in and out.
5) I remember life is too short to get twisted up by moronic, childish taunting and bragging.
I will enjoy ISU sports win or lose . . because life is short!:biggrin:

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Completely agree, but fact of the matter is winning on our side cures a lot of this.

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
I think it comes down to pure arrogance. For no other reason than being born, Hawkeye fans feel as though they are better than Cyclone fans. It doesn't matter if ISU beats Iowa in every sport for 25 straight years; somehow Iowa fans think their beloved Hawkeyes are somehow inherently better than ISU.

Also, I think there's a sense of elitism in Iowa City. Iowa alumni such as doctors, lawyers, pharmacists, and filthy rich stuck-up Chicagoans always have and always will feel a sense of entitlement. ISU almuni, on the other hand, are usually run-of-the-mill small town/farm Iowa kids who don't have trust funds.

It also doesn't help that over half of all Iowa grads aren't even from Iowa. They just come to Iowa City from Illinois (because they couldn't get admitted to a better school such as the University of Illinois) for 4-7 years full of drugs, booze, and sexual assault. After that, they leave. I don't have much respect for those kinds of people.

Furthermore, Iowa fans always make excuses. If we beat Iowa in Ames it's because ISU "wanted it more." If ISU beats Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa fans says Iowa let ISU win, or something like that. There's always an excuse, no matter what. Iowa fans can never admit (even after a loss) that ISU was the better team.

Lastly, young Iowa fans don't realize Iowa State used to kick the crap out of Iowa regularly in the past.

Reactions: kingcy

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I think it comes down to pure arrogance. For no other reason than being born, Hawkeye fans feel as though they are better than Cyclone fans. It doesn't matter if ISU beats Iowa in every sport for 25 straight years; somehow Iowa fans think their beloved Hawkeyes are somehow inherently better than ISU.

Also, I think there's a sense of elitism in Iowa City. Iowa alumni such as doctors, lawyers, pharmacists, and filthy rich stuck-up Chicagoans always have and always will feel a sense of entitlement. ISU almuni, on the other hand, are usually run-of-the-mill small town/farm Iowa kids who don't have trust funds.

It also doesn't help that over half of all Iowa grads aren't even from Iowa. They just come to Iowa City from Illinois (because they couldn't get admitted to a better school such as the University of Illinois) for 4-7 years full of drugs, booze, and sexual assault. After that, they leave. I don't have much respect for those kinds of people.

Furthermore, Iowa fans always make excuses. If we beat Iowa in Ames it's because ISU "wanted it more." If ISU beats Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa fans says Iowa let ISU win, or something like that. There's always an excuse, no matter what. Iowa fans can never admit (even after a loss) that ISU was the better team.

Lastly, young Iowa fans don't realize Iowa State used to kick the crap out of Iowa regularly in the past.

Amen you hit it right on for me. And no matter how much we (ISU) wins I will still hate them. ISU could win the next 100 straight games and I will still be rooting for Iowa to lose every game.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
You forgot to mention the most important thing...Iowa is RICH and Iowa State is POOR!!!

As long as I-State has its athletic budget in the lower 30 percent in the country...U-Boys had better get used to losing, cause its not gonna get any better in your lifetimes ... Unless Iowa State figures out how to have an athletic budget at 90 million a year or so!!

The media is bought and paid for by U of Iowa and their cronies and thats what you get when you are poor boys!!!

Reality bites boys and it just hit again!!:yes:

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
I grew up watching Criner-Walden FB teams get hammered and had to withstand verbal abuse for years. My hatred runs very deep.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
What is the source of my hatred for Iowa?
For me:

1) Classless drunken . . taunting Iowa fans.

I came to ISU as a casual hok fan, in fact I would have gone there if they'd had my major.

I was so apalled by the hok fans reaction after they beat us (in football) my freshman year that I never cheered for them since. I was just out of the service and it was such a great experience to be on a college campus but to hear that many drunken, classless ******** spewing stuff about not just the Cyclones but also the students and the school; I couldn't believe it. Three months prior I was in a Marine Corps platoon feeling really proud of getting accepted into ISU and then all of a sudden here's this hok D-BAG in my face telling me how much I suck.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Because their fans rubs the losers face in losses. Their fans also dont understand why everyone doesnt think their coaches and teams are great. They also think it is their birthright to beat ISU and their is no way ISU should beat them. I dont hate their fans as people I hate their fans as fans. Most are ok when they are not talking Hawks, but when they start talking Hawks. I also have issues with their 3 highest profile coaches.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Because their fans rubs the losers face in losses. Their fans also dont understand why everyone doesnt think their coaches and teams are great. They also think it is their birthright to beat ISU and their is no way ISU should beat them. I dont hate their fans as people I hate their fans as fans. Most are ok when they are not talking Hawks, but when they start talking Hawks. I also have issues with their 3 highest profile coaches.

It's not just their fandom . . but the media hacks in Iowa. They pretend to support ISU but they take great delight in slamming ISU directly or indirectly. I am not ashamed to say . . I detest them all.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008
Because their fans rubs the losers face in losses. . . . I also have issues with their 3 highest profile coaches.

23-3 is the only score I remember from the series and it's not because I have a great memory.

You've found a reason to dslike Lick already? Kudos.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
In my family there are Squawk fans, Husker fans and Cyclone fans. Who do you think I like to spend time with?

Now that must be a struggle . . A person might be tempted to take up smoking on the porch if it wasn't illegal/immoral in Iowa! :biggrin:

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Would the mod who just deleted my post like to tell me which rule I broke?

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA

there are some high roller Chi-town people at ISU. A lot of them go to ISU instead of Illinois for engineering..... There are plenty of elitests at ISU....

Status
Not open for further replies.