Hawkeyes helping to convert my wife

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
It sounds like she could be a tough nut to Crack. Don't worry, I married a Husker and that is an impossible Nut to Crack. I don't care who she cheers for as long as the $$$ flow to ISU, which we support with Cyclone Club and Season Tickets.

Just wait till you have kids, that is when the fun starts. Your relatives will do everything and anything to move them to the "Dark Side".

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
I passed several vehicles with iowa license plates, but as I approached one black SUV with hawkeye plates the back seat window rolled down and three hands appear with middle fingers extended. I kept my pace and my cool and just drove on past.

If I were in your situation with my old Pontiac Catalina, I would have swerved at them and run them off the road or thrown firecrackers in their open window.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I celebrated Thanksgiving at a friend's dinner party, another one of the guests was visiting from Minnesota. According to him, anti-hawk sentiment is so bad among Big-10 fans that Iowa chants pop up even when they aren't playing.

Overheard at a Minnesota v. Mich St. game: "Who hates Iowa most? We hate Iowa most!"

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
I celebrated Thanksgiving at a friend's dinner party, another one of the guests was visiting from Minnesota. According to him, anti-hawk sentiment is so bad among Big-10 fans that Iowa chants pop up even when they aren't playing.

Overheard at a Minnesota v. Mich St. game: "Who hates Iowa most? We hate Iowa most!"

I wonder what is the most hated fan base in each conference?

In the Big 12 it's Nebraska in the North, hands down. I'm not sure about the South, maybe Oklahoma.

In the Big 10 I would have guessed Michigan or Ohio State, but maybe it is Iowa.

ACC? Probably Duke and the Cameron crazies in BB. Football? Maybe Clemson, they're right up there when it comes to delusional fan bases, or Miami, because of their thug reputation, although that goes back quite a few years now.

SEC? Not sure.

Pac10? Probably USC but that may be because the line between hate and jealousy becomes blurred.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Next time we play Minnesota, or any other Big 10 team for that matter, we outta get that cheer going :laugh: