Hawkeye's J. Ferentz - Underage Drinking

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
If you've ever lived in IC or know someone who did they'd all tell you to avoid University Heights like the plague...cops there rake on traffic stops and issuing tickets.

Real Stupid.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Anyone else find it curious that it happened during a traffic stop? So was he was riding around with an open container, who was driving?

We were just talking about this.

Could it be he got pulled over and given a breathalyzer, but wasn't enough for DUI?

Not saying he did - just a possiblity?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Isn't there an open container law that should apply as well?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
From the Iowa DOT website

"The driver's license of a person under age 21 who submits to a chemical test that indicates an alcohol level of .02 or more, but less than .08, will be revoked for 60 days on a first violation and 90 days on subsequent violations. If a person is suspected of operating a motor vehicle with an alcohol level of .02 or more, and refuses chemical testing, the driver's license revocation will be one year for a first violation and two years on a second or subsequent violation. These revocations (.02/“zero tolerance”) are administrative and are not dependent upon criminal charges being filed. If a driver's license is revoked for a .02/“zero tolerance” violation, the driver is not eligible for a temporary restricted license at any time during the revocation period."

So it sounds like it's just a procedural rule for revoking license, but doesn't really equate it to a DUI.

G-Rock

Nov 9, 2006
Having alcohol in your body is considered possesion for a PAULA. I doubt there was a can of beer or something.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Now, come on, you guys, they're making great strides over there. Be nice. Didn't they hire a chaplain? I'm sure that, despite the fact that the coach's own son isn't even getting the message, he's effective with that formerly rowdy bunch. Kirk put in new rules and guidelines - these are obviously going to be applied exactly the same to his son as they would be anyone else.

:nah: :nah: :nah:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The team that sleeps together, eats together, prays together can stay out of trouble, especially if coach handcuffs you all together.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Was there an open container? I was thinking the story is going to be that he has a cold and finished the last of his alcohol cold medicine, drank some listerine to get the taste out of his mouth, and was heading to wal-greens for more cough-syrup.

Indyclone

Jan 24, 2008
Now, come on, you guys, they're making great strides over there. Be nice. Didn't they hire a chaplain? I'm sure that, despite the fact that the coach's own son isn't even getting the message, he's effective with that formerly rowdy bunch. Kirk put in new rules and guidelines - these are obviously going to be applied exactly the same to his son as they would be anyone else.

:nah: :nah: :nah:

I think this may be more punishment then if it was someone else by this statement:

“I was extremely disappointed to learn of James’ very poor decision making on several levels. This offense will be treated seriously and his punishment will include immediate and total suspension from all team activities. In addition, he will be required to attend counseling sessions and fulfill substantial community service obligations over the next six weekends. I realize this is a severe penalty but it’s just given our current circumstances. The fact that James is also my son only complicates an already tough situation.â€￾

Reactions: Angie

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
How many of our players have been in possession of a beer under age or in a car with beer in it? They didn't get open container, so I'd say they weren't even opened.

A college kid around beer. Unheard of...typical. Oh, the humanity.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Another typical Iowa thug player. They are above the law, and his coach probably is just p'd that he got caught.

Like I said in a previous posting, thank goodness we have a class coach.

Iowa is like Rome right now, and the crumbling will continue.

And we are like Phoenix, rising from the ashes and will reign supreme after Freerents runs their program into the ground!