Hawkeyes whining about postseason baseball

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Iowa has a good team. I know nothing about their tournament worthiness but they did have some exciting games down the stretch. I watched a few innings here and there. Brody Brecht had a great chance to show his stuff in that elimination game vs Michigan yday but didn’t get out of the first inning. Really quick hook.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
EIU fans were complaining that the Michigan pitcher was removed from the game in the 3rd because he had stick'em on his glove. It was the EIU coaches that told the umps. They think UM should have been forced to forfeit the game for using an "illegal" player.
The Big 10 handled the situation just like they do in MLB, kick the pitcher out, and suspend him, which the league did for the next 4 games.

The Big 10 is average baseball conference, to much cold weather to play that far North in the Spring. The league gets a break in BB and FB, but they expect the same break in BB and just do not receive it and they shouldn't.

Michigan crushed EIU in the game, by the way.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
All relative to strength of schedule (RPI). They get by in other sports, yet baseball is very stringent on RPI.

I don't think this is right. Volleyball is very focused on RPI as well.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
EIU fans were complaining that the Michigan pitcher was removed from the game in the 3rd because he had stick'em on his glove. It was the EIU coaches that told the umps. They think UM should have been forced to forfeit the game for using an "illegal" player.
The Big 10 handled the situation just like they do in MLB, kick the pitcher out, and suspend him, which the league did for the next 4 games.

The Big 10 is average baseball conference, to much cold weather to play that far North in the Spring. The league gets a break in BB and FB, but they expect the same break in BB and just do not receive it and they shouldn't.

Michigan crushed EIU in the game, by the way.
Didn't Iowa get 10 run ruled?

• Haha
Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Didn't Iowa get 10 run ruled?

In the same game that they're complaining about?

Looks like 13-1, but yeah the pitcher in the first 1/3 of the game was the reason.

This is the first I've seen anything about Hok baseball but that's great that they spread their issues around to other sports.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE