He who sups with the devil should have a long spoon

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
So much of this reminds of the GMac situation. Just snakebit. At some point you just need to cut ties and start over.

Agree. The state of the program is not close to being at a 8 time national championship status, but unlike GMAC, KJ is not going to bail out Pollard. JP has done a lot of good things, but having high expectations for our wrestling program does not appear to be one of them.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
With a fan base that has been struggling, what makes you think this helps? It is not like this is the only time this has happened. It is embarrassing and it comes to no surprise the original Facebook comments since have been removed.

And as far as Pat Downey and PD2. The way they represent themselves is their choice but they fail to understand they also are representing Iowa State University and Iowa State Wrestling. Have some respect to the University which is paying for your education. Being an alumni of the school, it is embarrassing seeing the comments made by the two and struggle to ever recall having a wrestler such as him in our program. I don't care if he ends up being a NCAA Champion, Hodge Winner, pins everyone including Dean, the way he acts is downright pathetic. This just shows how desperate our program has become to put up with someone like this - I applaud Manning for not selling out. Go ahead and "abuse" me and tell me I don't have the balls to say it to his face (cause I would get knocked out), to me its the truth and I know anyone with any integrity and respect for ISU would agree! IMO I would rather have seen Pestano competing at 184 this year.

After the Iowa meet
View attachment 45892

After pulling Dante Rodriquez's redshirt last year

View attachment 45893

when-did-liberals-become-such-pansies-L-N5YMl6.jpeg

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
No problem with someone being confident and having our guys carry that mentality with them but there is more than just running your mouth. If your a bada$$ and believe it than there isn't anything you have to say but let the performances speak for itself. Also I think he's trying to hard to seek the attention. Like I said maybe I'm not use to having someone like him in our program but it's not someone I would want to be the face of ISU. I'd rather have guys like Smith, Weatherspoon, Larson, Moreno, etc who truly represent ISU with respect on and off the mat.

You can have any face you want to represent ISU, when you're the Head Coach and/or the AD. Until then, just sit back and suck it up. Marketing 101, snow flake.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron