"Hell was made for deadbeat moms" sign

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I wish they would look into this stuff. There is probably just as many moms as dads but the dads always get the bad spot light. In my case my daughters mom always stops working several months before she can ask for more money so she has zero income. She then goes back to work after she gets it and there is nothing I can do about it. The laws are there to protect the mom.

The laws absolutely need to be redone. My wifes sisters husband (so I guess my brother in law) has the same issue. He had a son with a former girl friend whom he found out was a piece of trash along the way (he is a great guy and just got drawn into a very good looking younger woman). Anyways she also had a kid two years later with another dude. She has a job where she gets laid off for two months every year and then gets rehired (It's how the company operates) and it just so happens that she always tries to re negotiate child support every year at that time. So she is getting child support from two guys plus has a job and is essentially married to a guy that has a great job but she won't get married because that will change her child support payments. The kicker in the whole thing is she has gotten herself a new house, a new car a couple different times, a boob job, and just bought herself and live in boyfriend a motorcycle. Yet my brother in laws son does not have a single dollar in a savings account anywhere from here. So he gets to pay a huge child support check plus he has started a savings account for him since the mother won't. It is a complete scam job and the state of Minnesota keeps telling him there is nothing that can be done except for file for sole custody which we all know that won't happen.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
When that sign was first put up there was also a flag pole with an American flag and a Hawkeye flag. During that first year I regularly drove with a group of three to Ames for work. We made a couple trips a month. It was two ISU grads and a Hawkeye grad. The Hawkeye grad got a lot of crap for the Hawkeye flag flying above this sign.

Actually the flags were even replaced a few times after the wind tore them up.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I seem to remember him having a sign to go with it that said hell was made for democrats, but that has been several years ago.