Hello, from a Kentucky fan

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
So Wesley tells the paper "I don't know where I'm going". IMO, he has to say that even if he is dead set on KY. Otherwise KY might look like they poached. Wesley had his lease signed and scholly papers signed just a couple weeks back. Something changed his mind. Maybe a well placed phone call with an offer he could refuse and the recommendation that, when asked, you say you don't know where you are going. I know, I know. I'm sounding like Gregggggg Doyellllll here but I still say something is fishy. Something changed Wesley's mind in the past two weeks. He says he has known for months he would transfer. Well, why talk about how you are looking forward to next season, his new position, etc recently, re-sign the lease, and re-sign the schollly papers?

Something still stinks here.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So Wesley tells the paper "I don't know where I'm going". IMO, he has to say that even if he is dead set on KY. Otherwise KY might look like they poached. Wesley had his lease signed and scholly papers signed just a couple weeks back. Something changed his mind. Maybe a well placed phone call with an offer he could refuse and the recommendation that, when asked, you say you don't know where you are going. I know, I know. I'm sounding like Gregggggg Doyellllll here but I still say something is fishy. Something changed Wesley's mind in the past two weeks. He says he has known for months he would transfer. Well, why talk about how you are looking forward to next season, his new position, etc recently, re-sign the lease, and re-sign the schollly papers?

Something still stinks here.

I agree, I smell it too.

The simple fact that Wes left in the manner he did - makes his story harder to believe than if he'd have done it "the right way".

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
There's no way Wes left without having a damn good idea of where he was going. He or his brother has certainly been in contact with the school he'll end up at, probably for some time.

KYISSUPREME

May 21, 2008
Just to address some questions: There really isn't much talk around here about Johnson. The buzz around here originated from your blog, with the one lady saying he was going to UK. I think that's the only real connection, just some internet chatter. But, it doesn't look like we would be a good fit for him, anyway. We are loaded at the wing, with more coming. I don't know much about Johnson, but he seems skilled. Even if he is skilled, we already have a team full of 6'6-6'8 guys. Just don't see a place for him. I think UK was mentioned because of Gillispie. He is a recruiting whirlwind, but this a different situation. Gillispie DOES NOT RECRUIT committed high schoolers, or especially transfers who haven't been granted a release. That one is against the rules. Anyone familiar with the Scotty Hopson situation knows about the high schoolers. As for Jasper, the official reason he is looking to transfer is home sickness. He is from Paso Robles, California. Don't see him going to ISU. I'm hearing UNLV may be a likely school, if he indeed transfers. Which I REALLY hope he doesn't. Good kid, good in the classroom, and very versatile. As for Tayshaun, he is my favorite player this decade. Consumate team player, no trash talking, he just plays. Although, if he isn't careful, Patrick Patterson may wind up as my favorite player of this decade. He is a beast. Again, just stopped by here out of curiosity about Johnson. I really do wish you guys luck, and knock off Texas and Kansas. BTW, I was a huge Willoughby fan. He could play.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Give me a break. Why would we talk hoops this time of year? Let me think...