Hello

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Hello Cyclone Fanatics. Yes, this is a KSU grad and fan. Before you throw rocks at me you must understand that I live in Ames and both of my children are ISU grads. While I may root for my team, I still watch the games like a scout whose team has to play both of the teams he is watching. Once a coach always a coach and it is impossible to retire that old habit. Kudos on the hirings of Chezik and McDermott. Both are quality people and sound coaches. Please be patient with them as they are both a little short on talent.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
Welcome! Hopefully you don't get flamed too bad...there are quite a number of quality posters on this board who are fans of other teams...most notably SouthernHawk. As long as you present a well thought out argument, unlike some others...(Tuff as Rain comes to mind), then you shall receive respect in return.

Oh, and...

GO CYCLONES

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Welcome aboard! Most of us here are proud of our coaches - they seem to be made of the right stuff (and we hope that pays dividends in the end)

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Good to hear that from a fan of an opposing team. Yeah they do seem to be good people. Fans can rather fickle however. I believe patience will pay in both cases.

jDub

Mar 23, 2006
Waukee
Welcome Iowa Wildcat. Any thoughts on Prince's class? Some are saying he is putting all his eggs in one basket and that if it doesn't pan out, he won't last more than two years. On the other hand, if it works out like some of Snyder's juco heavy classes, you could be in for some great years.

dornstar44

Apr 10, 2006
Wichita, KS
Welcome aboard! I'm the opposite - an ISU grad who ended up in Kansas. I'm dating a KSU grad myself, so I know they aren't all bad people! It's a good site, full of insight and intelligent conversation. Enjoy!

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Yes, wildcat fan. Welcome. My best friend wears the "purple hello kitty" as well, and while we like to tease each other, back and forth, KState and IState have a lot in common and I find their fans to be more than bearable.

Welcome to the forum and post often.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
jDub, after 2 full seasons I still am not sure what to think about Prince and probably not the best person to ask. I much prefer smash mouth power football to the cutesy West Coast Offense that Prince adores. His first two recruiting classes were failures but so were Snyder's last three classes. If KSU does not have at least a mediocre season this fall, Prince is most likely gone. The best things I can say about Prince are that he is an avid reader, a student of history, and he apparently owns Mack Brown.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
That is good, unbiased analysis, in my book.

I'm hoping that KSU is able to segue these JUCOs into a more sustainable recruiting background.

My hope is that hopefully we have nothing to fear from KSU improving, because our program will improve, also.

Nonetheless, I am getting tired of the rest of the country poking fun at the B12N. I just don't see our part of the conference staying down for very long.