Help vote for the ISU Marching Band!

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
When I click on it in Chrome it asks me to pick an App and I can't seem to pick one that takes my pick. I did do the text version to (833) 609-0330 using #UIOWASTATE.

Edit: I guess you should just use your phone to click on this.

• Love
Reactions: itsbuck

PineClone

Jul 16, 2008
Please take a moment to Vote for the ISUCF’V’MB in the Metallica marching band competition! Scroll down to find the ISU video, click the vote button, and send the text!

I tried watching ISU's entry and after about 30 seconds I thought of this quote:

"You never listen to a song and think, 'I wish there was a marching band version of this'."
- Jim Gaffigan

Then I stopped listening.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyhig

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
This just reminded how a guy in our section lost his mind when the KU band starting umpaahing during Bells

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
IMO, it was kind of a poor winner move. Not enough to lose my mind over, but I can understand why someone might.
Especially since we let the band director conduct the anthem since of all things, he’s an ISU alumnus who cranked up his band during Bells. But the poor guy just lost it over the KU band.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Especially since we let the band director conduct the anthem since of all things, he’s an ISU alumnus who cranked up his band during Bells. But the poor guy just lost it over the KU band.
I'm confused. The KU band director is an ISU alum who directed Bells? Or the guy that lost it is a band director & ISU alum? Sorry - trying to suss out the wording. :oops:

Reactions: landerson

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'm confused. The KU band director is an ISU alum who directed Bells? Or the guy that lost it is a band director & ISU alum? Sorry - trying to suss out the wording. :oops:
No. The KU band director was introduced by the stadium announcer as an ISU alum when he conducted our band for The Star Spangled Banner. So then when he cranked up the KU band when the ISU band was playing Bells of Iowa State after the game, guy at top of SW corner of stadium had had enough and was pissed. Of course, we had several rows of KU fans up there Rock Chalking, but it wasn’t near as bad as the Iowa fans were. His companions were trying to calm him down, but the KU band dissing Bells was his tipping point for the season I guess. A lot of profanity. Said he had put up with disrespect all season but he had had enough, and we should ban the KU band. I looked at the middle school kid that sits by us, and he’s like, nothing I haven’t heard before at home lol.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Matt Smith, the director of the Kansas Marching Band isn’t an alumni of Iowa State.

He used to be the director of the ISUCF”V”MB quite awhile ago, however

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No. The KU band director was introduced by the stadium announcer as an ISU alum when he conducted our band for The Star Spangled Banner. So then when he cranked up the KU band when the ISU band was playing Bells of Iowa State after the game, guy at top of SW corner of stadium had had enough and was pissed. Of course, we had several rows of KU fans up there Rock Chalking, but it wasn’t near as bad as the Iowa fans were. His companions were trying to calm him down, but the KU band dissing Bells was his tipping point for the season I guess. A lot of profanity. Said he had put up with disrespect all season but he had had enough, and we should ban the KU band. I looked at the middle school kid that sits by us, and he’s like, nothing I haven’t heard before at home lol.
Got it!
Well, NOW I'm po'd too, especially since the KU director's alma mater already invited him to direct the ISUCF"V"MB. And I'm VERY grateful that that Rock Chalk doesn't carry as well outdoors. Interesting - I've been to two games down at their stadium (one win, one loss) and I never heard them do the Rock Chalk at either game. IMO, when they do it up here, they're doing it to be asshats...not out of any school pride.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Matt Smith, the director of the Kansas Marching Band isn’t an alumni of Iowa State.

He used to be the director of the ISUCF”V”MB quite awhile ago, however
Ah that explains why he doesn’t care about the alma mater! From the boondocks of the SW corner it sounded like he was a band member. I think that’s what really riled our guy up. He said he had been good all year but he had had enough!:p

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone