Hey Guys...

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We just made the Sweet 16 after what most people considered a terrible regular season...we didn't get upset...we didn't get f'ed by the refs, and the players played hard. Not bad for a team that many here gave up on time after time throughout the year.

Here's hoping to not acting like whiny little *******, appreciating what we have and had, looking forward to next year, and being true ISU fans.

DON'T BE HOK FANZ. Melt down with at least a shred of integrity.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
[video=youtube;4Vv5CsP1pAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vv5CsP1pAg[/video]

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This. It was a great season. Let's not cannibalize each other and the team. Enjoy what was a great year.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Agreed, disappointing finish, but as many of us said before the game UVa is legit. THey were way more controlled on offense and defense, and their superior frontcourt depth ended up dooming us as they coudl get way more aggressive in the paint on defense. They've got a serious shot at playing in the NCG.

Sucks to lose, but you know the seniors in the locker room are taking it 10 times as hard as anyone on this board.

Thanks for everything Niang, Nader, and McKay.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Wasn't the best day to play our worst game of the year. Lost the game in the first 7 minutes and then could never hit the big shots to bring it to within 5 or 6 and gain some momentum. The end press was just horrible...

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
We just made the Sweet 16 after what most people considered a terrible regular season...we didn't get upset...we didn't get f'ed by the refs, and the players played hard. Not bad for a team that many here gave up on time after time throughout the year.

Here's hoping to not acting like whiny little *******, appreciating what we have and had, looking forward to next year, and being true ISU fans.

**** you.

[video=youtube;4Vv5CsP1pAg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vv5CsP1pAg[/video]
**** you.
Defense wins championships
**** you.
This. It was a great season. Let's not cannibalize each other and the team. Enjoy what was a great year.
**** you.
Agreed, disappointing finish, but as many of us said before the game UVa is legit. THey were way more controlled on offense and defense, and their superior frontcourt depth ended up dooming us as they coudl get way more aggressive in the paint on defense. They've got a serious shot at playing in the NCG.

Sucks to lose, but you know the seniors in the locker room are taking it 10 times as hard as anyone on this board.

Thanks for everything Niang, Nader, and McKay.
**** you.

How's that for a meltdown?

:jimlad:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
All teams but one have a disappointing end to the season. Love this team and while it sucks to lose Niang, I'm going to enjoy another tourney season with Monte, Naz, Iceman, Burton and the newcomers.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
All teams but one have a disappointing end to the season. Love this team and while it sucks to lose Niang, I'm going to enjoy another tourney season with Monte, Naz, Iceman, Burton and the newcomers.

No way. Check the gameday thread and you'll see from all the experts that next year's team is going to be bad. REALLY bad. It's so obvious that they're just going to be garbage. I was under the impression that we were returning some pretty good experienced players and adding some pretty good looking pieces but apparently I was wrong. We don't stand a chance next year so do yourself a favor and just GIVE UP!!!!!

Bytheriver

Mar 26, 2015
Defense alone doesn't win, balanced offense and ability to defend ...my daughters bball team worked on defense almost exclusively and that didn't work well at all

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia

Agreed, remember where we were 6 years ago. Now we've been to the tourney 5 years in a row, 2 sweet 16s, 2 b12 conference championships. Its been fun. The fact that we're heart broken that we didn't make it to the Elite 8 says alot about this program. We'll be back next year. Saddle up and enjoy the ride

CaryCyPwr

Nov 10, 2014
Cary, IL
We had a poor loser Clone fan in our section - hope others don't think all ISU fans are dbags like this guy. He went storming out to the concourse with a minute left in the first half cussing up a storm about the refs. Someone commented that wasn't necessary - and he went berserk 'don't tell me what I can effing do.....! - all while wearing the cardinal and gold in a 'reppin' shirt.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
We had a poor loser Clone fan in our section - hope others don't think all ISU fans are dbags like this guy. He went storming out to the concourse with a minute left in the first half cussing up a storm about the refs. Someone commented that wasn't necessary - and he went berserk 'don't tell me what I can effing do.....! - all while wearing the cardinal and gold in a 'reppin' shirt.

Yeah, I suspect there were a few pretty drunk angry fans at that point.