High School 3 Point Contest

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Frankamp has an EXTREMELY slow release. Just don't gave him space and I don't think he'll get that many good looks. Whereas Thomas is 6-4 and elevates on his shot.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Frankamp has an EXTREMELY slow release. Just don't gave him space and I don't think he'll get that many good looks. Whereas Thomas is 6-4 and elevates on his shot.

Agree. "Athlete wise" Thomas looked on another level to Frankamp.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Frankamp was a stud for USA basketball. He is very very good and he can get his shot off no problem.

samwise45

Aug 19, 2012
One of Frankamp's strengths is creating his own shot and beating people off the dribble.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Definitley not over looking Frankamp. He was ranked 31 in the nation for a reason, I know he is going to be a great player for Kansas and we will hate the guy like we hated Page. Just didn't know if his slow release would be good thing for teams like Iowa State. When I watch Jordan Hulls play he struggles to get shots up unless he's open. Maybe Frankamp just had the slow release because it was a 3 point contest.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Could be. I also think Frankamp isn't the shoot first kind of player that Thomas is. As a PG, I think he'll look to get it to other players before looking for his own shot.

Anybody hear the announcers say Frankamp has a HS career 91% FT%? I swore out loud when I heard that.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Definitley not over looking Frankamp. He was ranked 31 in the nation for a reason, I know he is going to be a great player for Kansas and we will hate the guy like we hated Page. Just didn't know if his slow release would be good thing for teams like Iowa State. When I watch Jordan Hulls play he struggles to get shots up unless he's open. Maybe Frankamp just had the slow release because it was a 3 point contest.
His release looked pretty solid on the videos I saw of him on the USA team. I see him as a player that's only going to take shots when he's open anyway. KU had enough players that couldn't do that this year. Plus the conference doesn't have very good defensive teams that would be going against him, more offensive teams and playing defense is where Frankamp could struggle. If he's not seeing the floor it will be because of his defense.