Highlights of Notre Dame beatdown

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Thinking about past tournament upsets that we have had, one of the best was the utter dismantling of Notre Dame by the Lucious Clyburn team. However it seems this game has been scrubbed from the archives. I can’t find highlights anywhere.

Reactions: isutrevman

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
I'd love to see TV highlights of the UConn beatdown too. All i've ever seen is the baseline cyclones.tv highlights

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Man that was a fun game. Fun team with Tyrus and Baby Georges!

At halftime of that game, Barkley said something like "Notre Dame cannot keep up with the foot speed of Iowa State." In his slow delivery. And then I think he repeated it verbatim. Hilarious. ND had those two plodding bigs, no one thought we could deal with their size. Just ran around them.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It blows me away how quickly and drastically the uniform styles have changed. It was like an overnight transition from those extremely baggy uniforms to the tighter old school ones they wear today.

Reactions: isutrevman

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I don't think we were expected to punk UCLA as bad as we did with Fizer. And the best part was I lived in L.A. at the time.

Looking back that team had a lot of NBA talent. Really nice win, that really gets forgotten with the Mich St game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron