Hockey player Adam Johnson dies after on ice incident

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Seeing the clip, it certainly looks intentional though I suppose its possible he lost control.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
What a tragedy. Way too few pixels in that video to use it alone as proof of intent though IMO.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
That guy needs his leg cut off using a skate. That's about as dirty as you can get.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Saw that this morning, what a horrific incident. Reminded me of some goalie back in the 80s, same thing happened but somehow he survived I think.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Saw that this morning, what a horrific incident. Reminded me of some goalie back in the 80s, same thing happened but somehow he survived I think.
Clint Malarchuk for the Capitals.

I was a big Caps fan as a teen (only thing on TV weeknights while doing homework). I remember this well, pretty sure I saw it live although I don't 100% trust my memory back that far.

edit: looked it up, it was when he was with the Sabres, after he had played with the Caps.

• Wow
Reactions: NoCreativity

merx

Sep 6, 2011
Kalispell, MT
As someone who has played hockey for 35 years and also played dirty at times, I can say without a doubt that was a dirty play. His leg may have gone up in the air when he fell but he kicked it out. I have never seen anyone fall like that after that little of contact. I am disgusted by this play and anyone who thinks he did not kick him intentionally. That kick was deliberate. To be clear I don't think he meant to kick him the throat but he did mean to kick him. This guy should never play hockey again and needs to be put in jail. F***ing disgusting.

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It certainly looks intentional but there is no way they can prove he was trying to kick him. I'll be shocked if he's charged with anything. They can certainly kick him out of the league though.

• Agree
Reactions: merx

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
I played hockey growing up here in MN. I’m actually living in a current NHL players house while our house is being built, so I feel like that gives me extra cred…

With that said, I don’t think he intentionally tried to kick him in the neck, but I do think he was 100% reckless. His body movements don’t make any sense at all. I think he should be banned from playing hockey in any league and let the police investigate.

Just a terrible, terrible tragedy.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Do hockey players need leatherneck coverings?
I don’t think they need them because stuff like this happens extremely rarely but at the same time I don’t know why they wouldn’t choose to play it safe and wear cut resistant compression shirts that cover the neck area.

Last edited: