Hoiberg Interview

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Great interview. You can tell he has such an incredibly high basketball IQ, more importantly he is very personable. He manages egos well, but more importantly I think the players really love playing for him. Players always say he hardly screams at them, is always just trying to help them. Man I hope Fred stays in Ames for 10+ years. Call me crazy, but I truly think he could take Iowa State to a final four or national title in the next years if he keeps progressing with his coaching and recruiting like he has.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Great interview. You can tell he has such an incredibly high basketball IQ, more importantly he is very personable. He manages egos well, but more importantly I think the players really love playing for him. Players always say he hardly screams at them, is always just trying to help them. Man I hope Fred stays in Ames for 25+ years. Call me crazy, but I truly think he could take Iowa State to a final four or national title in the next years if he keeps progressing with his coaching and recruiting like he has.

I'd go that at this point...

:wink:

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Who is Vontae Morris?

How long before you suppose that author is seriously embarrased by that mistake?

Pretty bad mistake, but I'm guessing he didn't really research for spell checks and that this was a phone interview and Monte could sound like Vontae I guess. But yeah, pretty bad haha

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
very interesting information on Royce. Fred still thinks he has a future, most of the rest of us have given up on him.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
The Royce stuff is interesting. And those answers are exactly why Hoiberg is at or near the top of the list for a lot of NBA teams and most college teams.

I have no idea if this is true, but Hoiberg seems like someone incapable of being judgmental. That's really a gift.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
very interesting information on Royce. Fred still thinks he has a future, most of the rest of us have given up on him.

That ship has sailed, and Fred knows it, but what do you expect him to say?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Pretty bad mistake, but I'm guessing he didn't really research for spell checks and that this was a phone interview and Monte could sound like Vontae I guess. But yeah, pretty bad haha
You mean Ubben didn't come to Ames?! :smile: