Home Values

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Curt supports the entire cargo pocket industry. Where else is he supposed to store his tots?

Business idea! Just Pockets. We sell pockets - only pockets.

This way you can make EVERYTHING cargo. Cargo underwear. Cargo bra. Cargo sock - just one.

My god I should start an entrepenuer blog and do a video series!

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Well you couldn’t pay me enough to move to Iowa let alone Osky so I’ll pass. But thanks for the recommendation.

Yeah I figured that size wasn't going to be the only variable considered. It's a pretty area but run and filled by idiots. Not sure the city is going to add that to their new website.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
This is what I don't understand. Our house is under 200k and we fully find Roth IRAs, put money into a college fund, and still have money left over for his/hers strippers. What is the point of owning a gigantic home if you can't satisfy the other Financial requirements in your life?

Because 30 year olds are still basically 20 year olds with brand new pay checks and think they will live forever while 60 year olds are almost dead and can see the ends of their lives at the bottom of their driveways.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The property tax market in Chicago is anything but flat...so says my brother who complains about the constant rise in taxes there.

The property taxes aren't flat. Anything but. My property tax bill is triple what it was in California

Which helps lead to homes not appreciating here. We are really not participating in the wild appreciation the coast is seeing.

The home market where I'm at sucks and I can't imagine the new SALT cap helping matters at all.

Illinois is ****** up

SantaRosaCy

Jul 5, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
The home prices in Santa Rosa are off the charts since the fire, and there are homes selling for $300K over asking price; it's insane. I'm trying to talk my wife into taking the money and run!

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Are they allowing everyone to be able to rebuild on the land if the home was destroyed? That can be a problem with some zoning codes.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
  • Agree
Reactions: khardbored

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
  • Agree
Reactions: AgronAlum

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I always said that if I had to go into Riverside County to buy that I'd just keep driving.

The desert in California looks like the desert in Arizona.

Looking at appraisals in LA you'll see values of a half a million just for the lot the home sits on. Not including the value of the home.

It's a different market. A detached condo in my old town, 1300-1400 sq ft would be in the high 600's to low 700's.

Was reading in Burlington that people think rents are too high. So I guess everything is relative

I really do not understand
I agree that Prop 13 has made it too expensive for some to move within the SoCal market. A reset of your property tax could double or triple what you would currently be paying.

As a prior CA homeowner I loved it. My home wasn't treated as a slush fund for the government (looking at you, Illinois) and it brought greater payment certainty.

As you mentioned earlier, Prop 13 provides tax certainty. Without that protection, retirees on a fixed income who had lived in their homes for fifty years could be priced out simply because the housing market took an upswing and taxes reset to a level they couldn't afford. It sucks to be the new guy in the neighborhood and realize you are paying so much more than you neighbor who has been around forever, but I think it is a positive overall.

• Agree
Reactions: KnappShack

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Ive thought the same thing with 350-400K house with new vehicles and 2-3 little kids in the picture. I'd like to get into a ranch (from my 2 story). found house for 380K The taxes in Grimes are 784/month or $9,400 per year!!! Make me wonder if they are moving due to the taxes (built in 2014)By the time I pay it off I'm still paying a $1000 a month in taxes. If you look at Realtor.com many in grimes are priced reduced, meaning they were over priced to begin with. But they keep putting them up.......