Hopslam shipping to IA the week of January 26

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
had a bottle at the Cafe in Ames yesterday. Granted I haven't had nearly as many craft beers as most of you (I'm not even 22 yet), but that was the best beer I've ever had.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Should be pretty soon. It'll be nice to see them in 6packs of cans. Hopefully they upped production as there is no reason for this beer to be as difficult to find as it is. I understand it's a limited release and it is very sought after, but there is absolutely nothing holding them back from making enough so each store gets multiple cases.

Also, the first time in many years, they're bringing back Mini Kegs!

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
I am excited for the cans.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CYyNZw-WYAEcbLt.jpg
    CYyNZw-WYAEcbLt.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 249

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I haven't been back behind the bar at el Bait since school started back up this year, but I'm pretty sure they're slated to get it on tap February 1st. That should be an indication of when we'll see it on the shelves.

KcClone01

Aug 18, 2008
KC, MO
Just heard hopslam would be getting released early February in Missouri. There was a delay from the original release date of jan 8.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
The Wine & Spirits Manager at Hyvee in Iowa City said that they expect it to arrive the second week of February (the 9th specifically).

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Reminder for all those interested: most places I have contacted have said it should arrive tomorrow.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Well... what did everyone think? I was pretty underwhelmed, although slightly better than last year's. Not worth the $20/6 pack IMO. I'd rather have a couple bombers of any TG.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Well... what did everyone think? I was pretty underwhelmed, although slightly better than last year's. Not worth the $20/6 pack IMO. I'd rather have a couple bombers of any TG.
I enjoyed it a lot. A lot of people like to pigeon hole what an IPA has to taste like. Right now, the trend is the TG's, TreeHouse's, Hoof Hearted's of the world. Making these hazy, juice bombs that focus more on the hop flavor more than bitterness or balance. I really enjoyed Hopslam this year, and especially out of a can. The nose reminded me of the first time I had it and was overwhelmed with pineapple. Would I rather drink a PseudoSue draft (I am a Florida Sue hater)? Absolutely. But I enjoyed drinking the Hopslam I had this year.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I enjoyed it a lot. A lot of people like to pigeon hole what an IPA has to taste like. Right now, the trend is the TG's, TreeHouse's, Hoof Hearted's of the world. Making these hazy, juice bombs that focus more on the hop flavor more than bitterness or balance. I really enjoyed Hopslam this year, and especially out of a can. The nose reminded me of the first time I had it and was overwhelmed with pineapple. Would I rather drink a PseudoSue draft (I am a Florida Sue hater)? Absolutely. But I enjoyed drinking the Hopslam I had this year.

Bolded is a good point. Just something about it has been off for me the last few years, even for a west coast style. Maybe they've played around with their Simcoe additions, but it's been too reminiscent of Hoptimum for me. Don't get me wrong, still good, but not worth the price tag to me.

Help Support Us

Become a patron