Hornacek interviews for Knicks job

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I was hoping he'd get interviewed for Indiana. I think the Knicks are like the Bulls in that they have a **** show of an organization.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Not a bad idea with the Hoiberg hate out there.

Meh. People don't hate Fred because of Iowa State. They hate him because he had no pro coaching experience at all, and limited college coaching experience (and they loved Thibs). Horny has barely even stepped foot on campus since he graduated.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Meh. People don't hate Fred because of Iowa State. They hate him because he had no pro coaching experience at all, and limited college coaching experience (and they loved Thibs). Horny has barely even stepped foot on campus since he graduated.

That's most of it. But I think plenty of Bulls fans are aware that they've hired two former Iowa State coaches because their front office people were best friends with them. And in a lot of Bulls fan's opinions, one was a complete failure and the other had a complete failure of a first season.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
That's most of it. But I think plenty of Bulls fans are aware that they've hired two former Iowa State coaches because their front office people were best friends with them. And in a lot of Bulls fan's opinions, one was a complete failure and the other had a complete failure of a first season.

I assumed it meant fans in general, not Bulls fans specifically, since the Bulls aren't currently looking for a coach.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
No coach in their right mind would want the Knicks job. Porzingas is the only appealing aspect of the job. Other than that you have an aging volume scorer, an absentee boss who insists you run an obsolete offense, and a joke of a team owner who keeps taking advice from Isaiah Thomas. Better to take the lead assistant job with the Warriors or Pacers and wait for a more appealing job to open up next year.