Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Not quite sure where you think I live at but you're right with the rest. That's why I can't figure out what's going on in Marshalltown. The houses don't seem to be priced with condition and location in mind. I'm not saying there aren't good deals out there, they're just all over the map. It sounds like you found one of the good ones.

I may have misread that you lived in near me in M-town. The house we bought is a "good one" that needed a face lift. The previous owners apparently didn't have much drive to do it. I feel pretty confident that it'll sell quickly when that time comes. We just have to continue updating it first.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Hey, @mtowncyclone13 random comment for this thread, but I know your avatar haha. I met Caitlin while I was living with my buddies down in Scottsdale, she is a bartended/bottle service girl at Maya Day/Night club and she lived not too far away from us. Unreal body, and is a gorgeous girl, but it's like talking to a freaking wall haha. Anyway, crazy that you have her as your avatar hahaha
I'll bet that she makes very good money! Seems like she likes to change hair-do's every couple of days. I'll make sure that I step in to Maya Night Club next time I'm in Scottsdale.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'll bet that she makes very good money! Seems like she likes to change hair-do's every couple of days. I'll make sure that I step in to Maya Night Club next time I'm in Scottsdale.
Yeah, she is at the level where she (and 4 or 5 other girls) are basically the face of Maya. She (and the other select few) are the ones who come out in the mini car holding the sparklers and bottle for bottle service. She said, while I was living there a year and a half ago, that her hourly wage is basically nothing because she makes everything on Tips and Modeling for the club, as well as other modeling stuff she does. When I was there she was there the whole summer, and I moved that August, it seems ever since then she is flying to ******* Mexico/NY/LA every other weekend. Glad to see her getting a bunch of jobs. I'm not gonna act as if I ever had a chance with this girl or that we hung out with her every weekend, I had/still have a girlfriend at the time, but her and her friends from HS were fun to party with and she knew every bouncer so it was always a nice perk to pre-game with their group so we could have that luxury haha also it didn't hurt that you got to look at her all night, in the least creepy way possible haha

Also, if you go to Maya, go to the "Day Club" it is a giant pool party inside the bar, and at night Maya is where all the biggest Guido's like to hang out, not worth it

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Take a look at Zillow, etc. Almost all of the 200k+ priced homes have been sitting on the market for months or are new construction. That has been the case for these houses since I started looking over a year ago. That tells me people in the 200k+ range are buying new. but even the new developments aren't seeing very fast growth. I saw probably <10 new houses go up over the summer, most of them north of menards and south of that east pond. A few of those are still sitting empty from 6 months ago.

Marshalltown just isn't a town that demands those types of homes and the market still thinks it can demand the type of prices they see in the DM suburbs. I don't see it.

At least 3 houses on my block over $200 have sold in the last 6 months or so.

Help Support Us

Become a patron