How concerned should we be?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Iowa just beat us starting 3 freshman, a soph and a junior. They lose no one of consequence after this year and landed a stud in Jok and another mature, athletic player in Uthoff for next year.

Yikes. Every time I saw someone on here trashing McCaffery the past few years I cringed. He's a damn good coach and will be a thorn in our side for years to come.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
What is there to be concerned about? Both ISU and Iowa can have good BBall teams ya know. It's happened quite frequently in the past and it wasn't a big deal then so why would it be now?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
This is why the BBall game is of little consequence compared to the FB game. 1 game of 30+ games = not a big deal.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I would say we should be plenty worried. We won 3 straight, and they have a pretty good shot at going 3 straight versus us, IMO. They get us in Hilton next year, but we're probably not going to be very good next year. Then back to Carver for 2014-15 and they will be very veteran.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Very concerned. The Cyclones team I just watched couldn't beat the Ames Little Hawks.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
What is there to be concerned about? Both ISU and Iowa can have good BBall teams ya know. It's happened quite frequently in the past and it wasn't a big deal then so why would it be now?

Exactly! And I love it too. I mean what is the fun going into a rival game with no excitement around the teams? That crowd sounded very good on TV tonight, hopefully this rivalry is back!

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Don't be worried aganst good teams this team will be fine noone in the Big 12 is better apart from Kansas.

But this team will go into Lawrence and beat KU and then lose the next game no matter who it is against. They played down to a poor Iowa team who wanted it more. And at halftime when they finished strong they didn't come out motivated. They will miss the tournament because Clyburn and Lucsious won't feel like trying against bad teams like TCU.

Iowa blows I hope they get a bid so I can bet the house on whoever they meet.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Concerned that this could be a good back and forth game every year? Nothing wrong with that. Then we move on to conference games where the real work of the season takes place.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
They looked far less than special.

Uh...in case you haven't noticed we have a pretty decent ballclub. They are better than we are even though they are young as hell.

I felt like we were making progress in this state until I saw the game and the crowd tonight. Now I'm not so sure.

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
I think we should be worried the rest of the year because we have such poor interior defense. Booker gets into foul trouble every...single...game. Nobody could guard Aaron White. We made our big 15-4 comeback run when we switched to zone and Iowa couldn't hit its open jump shots.

In the second half, we played zone again but this time Iowa hit its open jump shots, and even when it didn't, the Hawkeye post players got the offensive rebound for an easy put-back. There was a stretch there in the middle of the second half when Iowa scored on nearly every possession.

I don't think we'll play this poorly in the Big XII. We'll struggle against teams with good forwards. I predict we'll go 10-8 in league play.

Last edited:

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
A stud in Jok? The kid is not half the player he was supposed to be. He is not exactly dominating his Iowa competition. Morris and Thomas fix two huge issues next year, and Gibson and Niang will be that much better. We beat Iowa next year.

broncocy5321

Dec 1, 2009
Clive
This is why the BBall game is of little consequence compared to the FB game. 1 game of 30+ games = not a big deal.

3 games lost - really puts pressure on us to be in the top 1/2 of the big 12 and win 2 games in the conf. tourney. No wins to build our resume.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Uh...in case you haven't noticed we have a pretty decent ballclub. They are better than we are even though they are young as hell.

I felt like we were making progress in this state until I saw the game and the crowd tonight. Now I'm not so sure.

You have got to be kidding me? Our best scorer scores 0 and you think that Iowa is full of savants? We lost a game in which we played like crap on the road to a rival. Get off the ledge.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Sure they can. But there are plenty of things to be concerned about that can be seen independent of who the opponent is.