How did you find out about CF?

How did you find out about CF?

• Total voters

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
During the 2010 round of realignment, someone sent me an article from this site. :)

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think it was freshmen year of college in 2006. I was reading articles about the football team and stuff. One article was like a summary of the each team in the Big12. At the end, it had a section that said ‘where do cyclone fans hang out,’ and it was CF.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I joined in '09, there was very very little to read about ISU , I found it from a friend at work

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
A friend told me there was a poster named Jeremy that seemed to know what was going on and wasn’t afraid to post

CyCoug

Sep 19, 2021
I got sick of the non-sports posts on the BYU fan board. They run 4-1 counter to my political views.

Here is kind of the opposite. Not that I want an echo chamber, but I was getting frustrated with all the dog piling that happens

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Found out about it while on the ESPN boards. A Cyclone fan on there told me that I could find (somewhat) legal sites where I could stream games that weren't televised. Didn't actually sign up for maybe a year or so. It was a struggle early on because it was a little bit of a boy's club but I eventually found my footing. Many thanks to those of you who have helped me figure stuff out along the way. :)

Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Don't recall how I found CF. Thought I registered once but didn't post and by the time I decided to move over from CR I had forgotten my username and started over. Left CF after the percentage of ******** became too much to put up with when measured against the lack of any interesting information or discussion. Particularly I was getting annoyed with the "insiders" who posted and thought everyone should be kissing their ass with every little tidbit they posted. Thanks for post but, no, I will not kiss your ring nor worship the ground you walk on.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Looks like it was the summer going into my Junior Year at ISU. No idea if there was a specific reason that brought me to here or what.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
The night I got my letter of acceptance my senior year, I googled “Free Iowa State Forums” and this was the first result.

At the time I was posting a lot on an Ohio High School Athletics forum called Yappi and used the same username format (School Initials)(Mascot)(Grad Year) here.

Reactions: Cycsk

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
This guy who called himself "Jeremy" started posting over on CR. He was trying to share info, but a lot of the king ******** over there (I was just a regular *******) gave him a hard time. Then he posted about a free site, so I came over with the same username as on CR. I didn't spend a lot of time over here initially, but it kept going.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I found out about it when it was firewaynemorgan.com.

I cant remember where though. Probably cyclonereport (before they killed off the free boards, which really accelerated the growth of CF) or strangetalk

Wasn't there a cat over there named "Cloned" that had all kinds of inside info?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Over 10 years ago. I did a search for Iowa State football, voila!

Ok, on the subject of CF history, I realize the site has changed a lot, but I never really understood why CyTwins disappeared. It seemed as if he posted something that others felt was untrue or at least could not be proven, and was thus borderline libelous. Is this about right, or am I even allowed to ask?

It just seemed he had a lot of detailed knowledge, which I realize today is for the pay site, that's fine. But then suddenly he was gone, I guess I'm even assuming he was banned, as opposed to he just chose to quit. I've just always wondered. Thanks to anyone who cares to share.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

Help Support Us

Become a patron