How do ISU fans feel about Zadick getting the boot

azchief32

Dec 10, 2016
Heard about this (from a solid source) a few weeks ago but at the time, it was a staff shake up rumor...didn't know who. Metcalf gets the bump and maybe ISU goes looking for a big boy to take his spot? Just a few things I heard and maybe way off.

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

isufan2

Nov 15, 2014
St John & Metcalf promoted to co rolls. Looking for a heavier volunteer to come in
If it is a done deal? Let's get the announcement. How about Kyven Gadson?
Haven't heard much about what Nate Carr Sr. has been doing?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I’m not arguing with you but what’s your source

Do you really think I can tell you that? Yeah I'm sure the guys would love their names posted on this message board. Let's just say two guys who are in position to know.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Do you really think I can tell you that? Yeah I'm sure the guys would love their names posted on this message board. Let's just say two guys who are in position to know.

Congrats to you since the guy you don't like and who was getting way too much money isn't on staff anymore

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I want to care about wrestling... but manors hard to see when this program gets back on its feet.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m not busting your balls. I understand, I just wanted to know if there was something concrete you could offer.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Congrats to you since the guy you don't like and who was getting way too much money isn't on staff anymore

Relax and enjoy the day, bro. Now that he's here I'd prefer to see him stay. But this happens and it's a chance to get better.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I want to care about wrestling... but manors hard to see when this program gets back on its feet.

giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Coach Zadick is a good and likable guy and a good teacher but his personality gets in his way and holds him back. This is now the 2nd time he's been fired from a prime D1 assistant coaching job.

Fist fights with other coaches in practice isn't professional

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I'll start by saying that I was more than a little leery of hiring Zadick, I was never much of a fan when he was wrestling for Iowa, and he had that Brands stink attached to him which is tough for me to overcome. That said, I had the occasion to talk to him a couple of times and came away very impressed. He was very approachable and open and really seemed to want to do great things at ISU. For that reason, I'm sorry to see him go but that's the business and now the focus needs to be on improving the program.

There seems to be enough smoke here that this is probably coming down the pike. If Metcalf is bumped up to the full time assistant role, who is the next big name we need to land for the club? I assume Kyven is still too busy competing/a little too young to take the full blown leadership role. Are we looking for fresh blood? As much as I hate to say it, it would be nice to tie into the Penn State or tOSU pipeline a little.