How Far the Once Mighty Missouri Tigers Have Fallen

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
The Tiggers won only nine games all season -- nine games! Last place in the SEC. I'm sure most of us remember how good the Tigers were when ISU played them. SEC money must damn good to suffer that kind of humiliation. Now they're down with MVSU. Maybe it's Karma biting their butts.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
They have made some bad coaching hires recently. These hires make the Quinn Synder hire look good.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
I started a thread like this in the middle of the b-ball season and asked the same thing....It is amazing how good Mizzou B-ball was back in the day...They had awesome teams...even as late as the 2012 season..Mike Anderson leaving for Ark. was bad....They hired a alumn, and we know how that works for ISU. I am not a big Mizzou fan, so I kind of hope it does not work out...It would leave a bad feeling if Kim Anderson cannot get it done..firing an alum. and all. I just remember those gaudy records Mizzou would have and then lose no later than the Elite 8. I would always pick them to go far, and they would always blow up my bracket in March.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
When they moved to the SEC I was sure that their football team would get killed and their basketball team would do great. Boy was I wrong.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
as long as their football team plays in the SEC Title game and goes to bowls I am not sure they care too much. Now if football falls off and basketball sucks then wow..

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
What's really crazy is how they win more football games now!

That's really crazy to me. I remember growing up down there nobody and I mean nobody talked about Mizzou football it was all about Norm and the basketball team. I never thought I'd ever see that flip flop.