How long did it take Pollard...

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
to go through the last coach search?

I am going to get carpel tunnel updating my browser, every 3 seconds to see if there is any 'news'.

Should we expect about 7-10 days?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I am going to get carpel tunnel updating my browser, every 3 seconds to see if there is any 'news'.

In all probability yes.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
i expect a week tops... i want turner gill, but im not getting my hopes up. gary patterson would be good as well but may be too expensive so we will see.

just thought i'd mention how much i loved JP's press conference today... he knows what ISU needs and i think hes going to find it

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Dan was "let go" the week of the CU game, which was played on Nov. 11th. Looks like the official date was Nov. 9th - with the first word of it on the 6th.

Gene was hired on or around Nov. 27th.

Last edited:

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo

JMB - man i hope your right....i have stressed this before...unlike with Chizik, Macs leaving was expected so people were bracing for it and we already knew these guys were going to be seeing a change.

Our current guys were completely blindsided.......I hope for they're sake that this is done quickly and we get the right guy. Thats the only hope we have of not only keeping our current team together, but, also maintaining our recruiting class. This is why i'm saying the two names that lead me to think we maintain the core of our current team and the majority of our recruits is Gill or Petersen. Other then that, i think this will be a MAJOR setback to the program because unless the name is WOW name, many will leave.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I don't think you can go from when Mac resigned because it would be unrealistic for Pollard to be interviewing candidates before the regular season was even over.