how long does it take to find out if you've been accepted or not into Iowa State?

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
So i sent in my application for admission at Iowa state about two and a half weeks ago, everything is in, but i havn't heard anything back from them...

Just wondering how long does it normally take to get your letter or acceptance? Or how long did it take for students who are currently there to get theres back

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
So i sent in my application for admission at Iowa state about two and a half weeks ago, everything is in, but i havn't heard anything back from them...

Just wondering how long does it normally take to get your letter or acceptance? Or how long did it take for students who are currently there to get theres back

Dude....just check this website, it will give you an update:

http://www.yougotrickrolled.com/IAStateAdmissions

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It's different than it used to be because the application process is different. Mine took a week. They got my paperwork, saw I was #3 in my class, got accepted for being in the top 50% of my class.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
It's different than it used to be because the application process is different. Mine took a week. They got my paperwork, saw I was #3 in my class, got accepted for being in the top 50% of my class.

Must have been a small school:wink:

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston

But was it hard finding a place to stay since you couldn't live within 2000 feet of a school?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Must have been a small school:wink:
47 strong baby!

I'm guessing it takes a bit longer now since they have that wicked formula they use to see whether you get in or not.

Is it even possible to not get accepted into a public U? I haven't checked admissions standards but don't you just have to have something like a 2.0 HS GPA and 18 ACT or something?

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
But was it hard finding a place to stay since you couldn't live within 2000 feet of a school?

seriously...???

isn't there a place for this kind of 'trash' talking??

-keep

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
yeah its not to hard to get into a state university, especially if its a legacy, both my parents went to Iowa State same with uncles, aunts, grandparents, etc.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

This was the same for me, I had an acceptance letter within a week. Of course that was under the old system, and it may also depend on what time of year you apply.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
They have a formula out there that will tell you if you will be admitted or not. I can't remember specifically what it is called...I think it has the Board of Regents in the name maybe.

At any rate, I assume you are applying for either spring 2010 or fall 2010...not sure when they start reviewing applications but you really shouldn't worry. I believe I recall that ISU accepts over 90% of those that apply.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
You will hear back within 4-6 weeks, depending on if you submitted it electronically or by snail mail. The admission standards for the three state universities is very easy... it would take talent to get rejected by ISU, UI, or UNI.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
I applied about 2 years ago in the beginning of october. It took about a month before I got a letter back. don't worry yet. when a month or so passes and you still haven't heard back....then id start worrying

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
Wow everybody is setting this guy up for failure with your talk of "everybody gets in", "you'd have to try to not qualify", etc :biglaugh:

A buddy of mine (who is on this site) was not accepted right away and ended up getting in last minute with "conditional acceptance" or something to that affect...

Help Support Us

Become a patron