How many of these places have you visited?

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
30 for me. I haven't been to Wright Bros, Lake Tahoe, Pikes Peak (may have been here as a kid--don't remember), and South Beach.

Edit: My dad was like Clark Griswold (without the misfortunes) in having our family in a van for 1.5-3 weeks driving trip across the country.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I've done 24. It is kind of interesting because there are a ton in Florida that I haven't done. It's basically the southeast stuff I haven't done.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
10x? I thought yellowstone ruled when i went there (around 2000). never been to glacier. Maybe i should make it up there sometime. got a buddy that lives near there.

IMHO both are so different and I LOVE both. Yellowstone is too crowded and I think, whether people like it or not, there should be a system to limit the overcrowding. IIRC last summer, the line to enter the park was 2 hours (when I went to Grand Canyon in December, the line was 1 hour).

Yellowstone is wonderful and a lot of its attractions are easy to see. Just park your car (which is basically a huge challenge these days) and walk to see the hot springs, etc.
Glacier is really wild - a lot of the attractions, the waterfalls, etc are pretty but you have to hike to see them. We hiked the Hidden Lake Trail in the snow last June and it was tricky. also bears rule big time in Glacier - I have never seen so many bears in my life in my 5 days there.

Reactions: zumbro clones

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
17 but close to more. Could have knocked off 4 more if I didn't hate NYC so much -- couldn't wait to leave.

Statue of Liberty - from a distance - doesn't count
Grand Canyon - this year
Walt Disney World - 3 times
Zion National Park - Utah yes, Zion no
Space Needle - nope
Hollywood sign - nope - wrong side of the city from my visit
Las Vegas strip - twice - last time this spring
Times Square - down the street - doesn't count
Yellowstone - yes - spring so it wasn't all open yet
Everglades - picnic there - shortened by gator visits
Pikes Peak - Colorado frequently, Pikes Peak no
Chicago River - yes - river taxi tour
Washington Monument - yes
Mount Rushmore - yes - on the way back from Yellowstone visit
French Quarter - yes several times
Golden Gate Bridge - yes
River Walk - yes
Niagara Falls - no
Mall of America - plenty of times
Gateway Arch - yes - rode to the top - not for the claustrophobic
Empire State Building - saw it from a distance - doesn't count
Road to Hana - Oahu and Kauai but not Maui - doesn't count
Fort Sumter - nope - Myrtle Beach but not that far south in SC
The Alamo - yes - with River Walk
Wright Brothers Memorial - no
The White House - yes with Washington Monument
Yosemite - no but would like to visit
Liberty Bell - never been to Philly
Central Park - next to it but never toured it
South Beach - yes on Everglades trip
Arlington Cemetery - yes on DC trip
St Augustine - no
Lake Tahoe - drove through but didn't stop
Alcatraz - saw it from the harbor tour but didn't take the site tour

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
23 here, but I think this list is really weird. A bit too random and specific for my liking. I feel I "could have" come up with a much more representative list. The thought of having 3 items in the list all be in one city is just dumb. +90% of the people who have been to one have probably been to 3. And then throw in St. Augustine???? I mean I've been there and I counted it, but still..... what a weird one to put on the list (like many others). The Alamo AND River Walk in one list? Just poorly done.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
IMHO both are so different and I LOVE both. Yellowstone is too crowded and I think, whether people like it or not, there should be a system to limit the overcrowding. IIRC last summer, the line to enter the park was 2 hours (when I went to Grand Canyon in December, the line was 1 hour).

Yellowstone is wonderful and a lot of its attractions are easy to see. Just park your car (which is basically a huge challenge these days) and walk to see the hot springs, etc.
Glacier is really wild - a lot of the attractions, the waterfalls, etc are pretty but you have to hike to see them. We hiked the Hidden Lake Trail in the snow last June and it was tricky. also bears rule big time in Glacier - I have never seen so many bears in my life in my 5 days there.
when i went in 99 or 2000 i dont remember it being crowded at all. so perhaps i have a different perspective than others that have been there.

zumbro clones

Jan 31, 2007
Southern Minnesota
Some that I would think about adding:
  • North Shore of Lake Superior
  • Boston Freedom Trail
  • Mesa Verde
  • Durango / Silverton train
  • San Diego zoo (and other attractions)
  • St Louis arch
  • Glacier National Park (as noted by multiple others)
  • Graceland
  • Hermitage
  • Padre Island
  • Mount Washington
  • Appalachian trail (not sure how to score this one)
  • Grand Tetons
  • Great Salt Lake
  • White Sands National Park
  • Door County, WI
  • Devils Tower
  • Churchill Downs
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  • Itasca State Park (headwaters of Mississippi River)
  • Mount Rainier
  • Denali (as others pointed out) and Kenai peninsula
  • Gettysburg
  • Jamestown and Yorktown, VA
  • Colonial Williamsburg

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
when i went in 99 or 2000 i dont remember it being crowded at all. so perhaps i have a different perspective than others that have been there.
I've been there probably a half dozen times since 1966. Each successive time I've gone, there have been more people. It's not the unknown wonder it used to be.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclone13

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I went in 2012 and 2014 and both were fine. There were lots of people but I could always find spots to park easily. The last 5 years I think the park has seen a significant increase in attendance. It was 3.45 million in 2012, 4.1 in 2015 and stayed around low 4 million until 2019. 2020 was 3.8 and 2021 was 4.86

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
Stayed in Vegas for 2 nights on a quick trip and have been to the Mall of America...so 2 :(

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Yellowstone
Chicago River
Mall of America
Rushmore
The Arch
Grand Canyon
Road to Hana
Alamo
Vegas Strip
Riverwalk

Also Disneyland but no Walt Disney World

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Star 102.5 did their Iowa only version of this. Like this national list of places many more could be apart of this. Been to 10. Average person has been to 12.

FB_IMG_1655934405789.jpg