How much nba do you watch

How many nba games do you typically watch each year?

• None at all

Votes: 100 49.8%
  • Most finals games

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Most of the playoff games

Votes: 37 18.4%
  • More than half of my fav. Teams games + playoffs

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Nearly all of my fav. Team's games + playoffs

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Hundreds of games every season.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm total opposite I love the shorter shot clocks, spaced out sets. The scoring was getting ridiculous I agree but Silver who might be best commissioner in the world was all over that. Late in season they made officiating adjustments that have brought scoring down a bit. NBA playoffs are pretty incredible

Kenny and Charles covering ncaa tournament could barely understand how they can take 15 minutes reviewing 4 plays that don’t even really matter, but they can’t review the one or two plays that actually do matter.

I used to say I preferred the NBA mostly for the vastly better shooting but the better replay rules are becoming a factor too.

Another thing I don’t get is why NCAA fans prefer flopping and fake shooter leg kicks, NBA has really eliminated most of it and given NCAA a road map. I guess “college only” fans embrace it?

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Living in MN I am pretty interested in the Wolves since they are having their best season in decades and since Monte joined. If and when they are eliminated my interest and views of other games will drop significantly.

This is another point. I’d guess most of the posters in here who don’t like or watch the NBA still live in Iowa. If you live in an NBA city/market it’s remarkable how much easier it is to follow the local team and get invested, especially when they make the playoffs.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I like NBA and NHL playoffs, but rarely take the time to watch either in the regular season. That's more because I allot so much time for sports and prefer college basketball to both.

During this time of the year, I'll switch back and forth between NHL and NBA playoffs and will usually land on whichever is the most competitive at the time. An NBA game that gets out of hand struggles to keep my attention.

One weird side-note: Pretty much any blowout across sports is incredibly boring to watch, but I can still get entertained when my Cyclones are administering the ass-kicking in basketball and football. The other outlier is an NHL blowout. Those SOBs get chippy AF, so they are still fun to tune into.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Kenny and Charles covering ncaa tournament could barely understand how they can take 15 minutes reviewing 4 plays that don’t even really matter, but they can’t review the one or two plays that actually do matter.

I used to say I preferred the NBA mostly for the vastly better shooting but the better replay rules are becoming a factor too.

Another thing I don’t get is why NCAA fans prefer flopping and fake shooter leg kicks, NBA has really eliminated most of it and given NCAA a road map. I guess “college only” fans embrace it?
The pace and rhythm of NBA officials is far superior. Not only the replays but just getting the ball inbounds. They grab it, hand it and go. There's no long conversations with coaches on fouls. Not saying there's not arguments but the game continues. If a guy takes an accidental elbow to the face in college basketball you can turn it to something else for the next 5 to 10 minutes

• Agree
Reactions: ClubCy and HFCS

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Living in Indiana, all the Pacers games are on TV. I was a big fan when Reggie Miller played, but it was harder to watch post Reggie except for a couple of years. Now with Tyrese and the rest of this young team, the Pacers are fun again. I watched a large portion of the regular season games and I will watch all the playoff games.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I get how people can tune out the regular season with so many games and lack of intensity but the playoffs are on a while other level. Defense is absolutely being played.

Nuggets/Lakers on Monday was one of the best basketball games I have watch in last 5 years.

On the opposite, I struggle to watch most cbb games outside of Iowa State until the tournament. The playmaking/shot making is horrendous. It feels like more teams have made more free throws than field goals and the two 20 min halves seems like a slog at time.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I get how people can tune out the regular season with so many games and lack of intensity but the playoffs are on a while other level. Defense is absolutely being played.

Nuggets/Lakers on Monday was one of the best basketball games I have watch in last 5 years.

On the opposite, I struggle to watch most cbb games outside of Iowa State until the tournament. The playmaking/shot making is horrendous. It feels like more teams have made more free throws than field goals and the two 20 min halves seems like a slog at time.

I am exactly like this.

I mean that shot by Murray was SICK and it was like his fourth straight clutch play. The league is so stacked a guy like that struggles to make the All Star team. He might be the 4th or 5th best player in the playoffs the past few years (when healthy) and he isn't even an automatic all star.

LeBron and AD and Jokic all had good games. Murray had a bad first half but then TOOK OVER to win the game.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

str8cashhomie

Jun 15, 2014

This big time. There was a point in time I was a CBB-only purist and used the same "NBA plays no defense, no intensity etc etc."

Started watching a lot of NBA as the Wolves trended up, and can't hardly go back to a CBB game unless its Iowa State or the tournament. There's a lot of what gets credited as "good defense" in the college game that's just reaply bad offense with no plan, and what gets called "bad defense" in the pros that are the world's best scorers beating really good defensive efforts.

That Denver-LA finish was wild, LAC-Dallas was great last night, and if you're hung upon the "bad defense" narrative, the Knicks and Wolves just put teams into absolute blenders.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
This big time. There was a point in time I was a CBB-only purist and used the same "NBA plays no defense, no intensity etc etc."

Started watching a lot of NBA as the Wolves trended up, and can't hardly go back to a CBB game unless its Iowa State or the tournament. There's a lot of what gets credited as "good defense" in the college game that's just reaply bad offense with no plan, and what gets called "bad defense" in the pros that are the world's best scorers beating really good defensive efforts.

That Denver-LA finish was wild, LAC-Dallas was great last night, and if you're hung upon the "bad defense" narrative, the Knicks and Wolves just put teams into absolute blenders.
I can only watch so many games per week that are low 60’s in scoring, teams in the bonus with 10 min left in a half, and micromanaging coaches who have to basically spell out each set and movement for all 5 players on offense.

Don’t get me wrong, Iowa State could win 25-13 and I would enjoy it but outside of rooting interests it’s a tough 2 1/2 hours sometimes.

• Winner
Reactions: SolterraCyclone

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Best player in the world the past few years is a Serbian giant with better passing skills than Magic Johnson. That’s at least a little interesting right?

I know you don’t like the Lakers, but not in this world.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I know you don’t like the Lakers, but not in this world.

Not in the same galaxy as a ball handler but best passer I've ever seen, maybe Pistol vs his era would be better. Just the full court passes alone without even getting into the volleyball action where he doesn't even catch the ball.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
NBA playoff basketball is fantastic, I'll watch as much as I can.

NBA regular season is a drag and any time I have for hoops is spent watching college.

It feels like two different sports to me (Playoff versus regular season)

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
He is absolutely the best current player in the world. Current. Not career. I love watching LeBron too. This series is so good.
To clarify, yes Joker is the best player in the world, just the passing part was hilarious. It’s classic Jordan fanboy hate.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Barely any. I might watch some of the semi finals or finals if there is a team that I am entertained by but if I don't see anything I don't miss it.
It's been a long time since the days of the Showtime Lakers, Celtics and 76ers

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Imo college basketball kind of sucks right now. Has for a while. I still tune in for the randomness of it and the crazy home crowds etc. but lots of games look like basketball version fumble drills and anything resembling an offense or defense probably looks way better than it is.

And while there's parity in the tournament, I can't remember the last time I was truly shocked at an upset. And oddly, this year's was fairly chalk.

The NBA is vastly better at the all around game with so many guys that can score in so many ways but maybe that's why I don't enjoy it either since casually much of the games look like the exact same thing (I know it's not like that to those that follow it closely).

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
None. Used to watch a ton, started watching less and less the last 4 years, and now down to none. Don’t feel like I’m missing anything. College basketball has also gotten down to just Iowa State and that’s pretty much it.

• Agree
Reactions: Dopey

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I seem to try to watch several games per season. And then I get tired of the swapping places and chucking 3's. I'm not claiming it's bad, or even lazy, basketball. It's almost like they're all too good.

If the rim was 12' and the court was 25% bigger.... I wonder if the NBA would transition to look more like women's college basketball, which I've really fallen in love with.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I am a social media fan. I follow the teams/players that I have rooting interest for and see highlights on Twitter, Instagram and tik tok. Outside of that both much.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I seem to try to watch several games per season. And then I get tired of the swapping places and chucking 3's. I'm not claiming it's bad, or even lazy, basketball. It's almost like they're all too good.

If the rim was 12' and the court was 25% bigger.... I wonder if the NBA would transition to look more like women's college basketball, which I've really fallen in love with.

3 point shooting in the NBA has REALLY gotten dramatically more effective. Steph really did revolutionize the game. In a way you may be right that a long pull up 3 can't be defended 100% of the time and a long pull up 3 has become a really good % play for a lot of guys.

It's weird for me to see people get excited about Caitlyn Clark's long range shooting and passing but they've never watched Doncic, Jokic, Haliburton, Trae Young, Lillard, SGA, etc...if someone loves amazing passers or long 3s this is the greatest era of all time and the NBA is where it's at.

Free throws and mid range shots have always been dramatically higher % in NBA than college, kind of the "too good" you mention, but 3s have gone next level in the past decade. There was a Cavs game a few months ago where they had a comeback win and I think they hit 6 long 3s on 6 straight possessions to end the game, not even easy shots, just dozens of guys in the NBA who can hit the "Caitlyn logo" shot any time at high %. Max Strus was the guy in that game and most have never heard of him.

Even during Jordan's era players like MJ, Magic, Chuck, Malone etc didn't really need to be great 3 point shooters. If they played in today's game I'm positive they'd all be at least decent, some of them deadly. They were all great mid range shooters. A player like Bird would be even better and higher volume. Reggie Miller didn't even take that many 3s a game compared to what top players do now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron