How Riley Moss views Iowa fans

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Just imagine if they would somehow lose to Nevada on Saturday and Spencer plays the whole game with a 9-25, 98 yard, 0 TD, 3 INT game.
Nevada gave up 613 yards and 55 points to Incarnate Word last week, so you can plan on an Iowa win Petras having a decent game.

Iowa fans will overreact and jump back on the bandwagon, right before they jump off again after Iowa goes on the road for the first time this season and loses to mighty Rutgers.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Nevada gave up 613 yards and 55 points to Incarnate Word last week, so you can plan on an Iowa win Petras having a decent game.

Iowa fans will overreact and jump back on the bandwagon, right before they jump off again after Iowa goes on the road for the first time this season and loses to mighty Rutgers.
The Word is a top 10 FCS program. Think UNI but offensively instead of defense.

Not saying Nevada is great at all, but they arent some hopeless defensive mess. Like Nebraska.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Without defending iowa fans at all, moss is onto something. Ignoring social media is probably really healthy for athletes, esp college athletes.

Also, "drunk as piss eating potato chips" is a fantastic line.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

Not saying Nevada is great at all, but they arent some hopeless defensive mess. Like Nebraska.
The biggest thing I see in this game, is Nevadas Lack of Defense will help Iowa's Pathetic offense, much more than Nevadas offense will be able to do anything against Iowa's Defense.

This one sets up like an Iowa win fairly easily. The Iowa offense however terrible will be able to move more on that defense. And their Defense will be able to manhandle the Nevada offense, and probably come up with some defensive points on top of it.

I don't think as things stand you can clearly give Iowa the win in many more games right now. But this one should be one.

But I agree with your point, Word is #8 in FCS this year, probably would beat UNI handily this year. I think many of us know that the very top of FCS is as good or better than many, if not most of the G5. Look at JMU, they haven't slowed down with the move up this year. That being said, Iowa probably would have a tougher time with Word than Nevada.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

They have won a game though.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Good player, not his fault Hutch bent him over again...and again..and again.

I mean it's not his fault, sometimes Hutch just makes you his *****.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I despise Iowa more than anyone, but will give credit where credit is due. Good for Moss for having the balls to say this. It’s not the first time and certainly won’t be the last that Iowa athletes and fans turn on each other.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Rutgers has Schiano. They won’t suck.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

I agree.

SEMO beat Southern Illinois by 3

Word beat Southern Illinois by 35

Word might give us a test.

So I wouldn't count Nevada out against Iowa.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
The biggest thing I see in this game, is Nevadas Lack of Defense will help Iowa's Pathetic offense, much more than Nevadas offense will be able to do anything against Iowa's Defense.

This one sets up like an Iowa win fairly easily. The Iowa offense however terrible will be able to move more on that defense. And their Defense will be able to manhandle the Nevada offense, and probably come up with some defensive points on top of it.

I don't think as things stand you can clearly give Iowa the win in many more games right now. But this one should be one.

But I agree with your point, Word is #8 in FCS this year, probably would beat UNI handily this year. I think many of us know that the very top of FCS is as good or better than many, if not most of the G5. Look at JMU, they haven't slowed down with the move up this year. That being said, Iowa probably would have a tougher time with Word than Nevada.
If I remember correctly, 9 of Nevada's starters from last year transferred to Colorado State along with their head coach, so yeah they are really really bad.

Reactions: 2speedy1

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
My plan is to forget about Iowa for a while. Starting October 1 is when the fun starts for Hawkeye fans and those who take pleasure in their demise. It continues to November 19.