How to cover up a bumper sticker?

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
I'm heading over for the NIU/ISU game and my friend is driving us over from CR. He's an Iowa student (*gag*) and has a hideous bumper sticker on the back of his car that says "Great to be a Hawkeye". Advice on covering that **** up? I'm thinking about putting an ISU schedule magnet over the top of it, like you'd put on your fridge, but I'm not sure if that'll work.

I would take it off and/or vandalize it to say "It sucks to be a hawkeye" or something, but that's not really my style. I hate when people come to ISU games wearing Iowa **** and this is comparable, so I don't want to be in that boat.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Set the car on fire to put it out of its misery then take a rental car.

cycoOJfan89

Oct 20, 2009
Ames/Cedar Rapids
I'm heading over for the NIU/ISU game and my friend is driving us over from CR. He's an Iowa student (*gag*) and has a hideous bumper sticker on the back of his car that says "Great to be a Hawkeye". Advice on covering that **** up? I'm thinking about putting an ISU schedule magnet over the top of it, like you'd put on your fridge, but I'm not sure if that'll work.

I would take it off and/or vandalize it to say "It sucks to be a hawkeye" or something, but that's not really my style. I hate when people come to ISU games wearing Iowa **** and this is comparable, so I don't want to be in that boat.

Thanks in advance.

My hawk buddies HATE it when they ride in my car with my ISU stuff all over it. (It's my avatar picture) But my car is usually the nicest in my friend group and has a system so they usually have to suffer!

I don't know what to tell you though, either drive yourself or find a different ride!

Last edited by a moderator:

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Colored Duct Tape. Or white Duct tape over the ' 's great ' and write in sucks. You get the same effect without having to permanently remove the sticker.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Colored Duct Tape. Or white Duct tape over the ' 's great ' and write in sucks. You get the same effect without having to permanently remove the sticker.

I'd go for this. A little good humor and he can remove it later with no ill-will. I'd be ****** if I had something like that and someone defaced it.

That said it always makes me nervous to take my ISU plates to Iowa City. But so far so good.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
get an Illini sticker and cover it your first stop over the river.That way you can enjoy his outrage without him directing it at you. After you get back tell him what you did and enjoy it all over again.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
get an Illini sticker and cover it your first stop over the river.That way you can enjoy his outrage without him directing it at you. After you get back tell him what you did and enjoy it all over again.

Never hate on the Illini.........

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
1) Remove the bumper before leaving CR
2) Since it sounds like you might have a POS car anyway (since it's worth riding with him and his Hawk bumper sticker), crash your already POS into his bumper right about where that sticker is...BAM! oops, sorry dude, it was an accident. I didn't mean to "F" up your cool bumper sticker. Can we go to the game now?..file a claim and he gets his car fixed after the game.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
I love how people are recommending vandalism, when THIS IS THE GUY WHO'S GIVING YOU A RIDE.

My solution, if it bothers you so much, find a different way to get to the game.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006

Thanks in advance.

You don't have a car?

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
I love how people are recommending vandalism, when THIS IS THE GUY WHO'S GIVING YOU A RIDE.

My solution, if it bothers you so much, find a different way to get to the game.

Crash his car into edr's car :jimlad:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron