How will the NCAA investigation effect the Twister Sisters?

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
After reading about the investigation, I am wondering what restrictions this will have for women's basketball at Iowa State? Are the penalties just on the men's side or are they for the entire university? Comments???

IowaStateClones

Dec 7, 2009
question-mark.jpg

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Even if they cut a scholly, Bill rarely ever uses them all. I don't think it affects WBB...unless they say no postseason for any sport involved which I highly doubt.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cannot blame Jack since he was the only one not listed as one with a small phone boo-boo.
:unsure:

Last edited:

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Shouldn't be any worse than the slap on the hand Baylor and Mulkey got.

That's what I think also.

At least for the type and number of violations listed for wbb, I'd bet that almost all programs, anywhere in the country, if audited, would report similar cases.

ISU saw some problems and did a sweeping audit; frankly, had they done it and found little to nothing, it would have lacked credibility. I hope the NCAA gives ISU some credit for being so complete, and uses it to calibrate what other schools should do for auditing or what other schools are reporting.

A big problem has been the Register's reporting. They opted to editorialize from the beginning, rather than present the facts. It's interesting to compare the Ames Trib coverage with the Register. Ames Trib had the complete facts itemized in Thursday's paper, whereas the Register didn't until Friday's paper. They are still whining about transparency and what the public knows or does not know.

Now the Register is calling it a "recruiting scandal." It's almost funny the extent to which they will go.

The Free Online Dictionary defines scandal as:
1. A publicized incident that brings about disgrace or offends the moral sensibilities of society
2. A person, thing, or circumstance that causes or ought to cause disgrace or outrage
3. Damage to reputation or character caused by public disclosure of immoral or grossly improper behavior; disgrace.
4. Talk that is damaging to one's character; malicious gossip.

Seems more like the Register's reporting on the case is more like a scandal than the NCAA infractions.