Huge win! That was fun...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And if they’re cold we can’t win either, unfortunately.

Way to defend Hilton. Nice to beat up on Baylor for once. It’s been a while.

Can still win, it will just be close and need someone else to step up in the waning moments.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
The whistle was for him landing before he threw the ball. Not sure if that actually happened though...
Head referee struggled somewhat today. The lipsey call where he had 5 inches between his shoe and the baseline was just one example. She wasn't that consistent with hand checks in my opinion.

Osunnyi was a total beast, his defense and rebounding today was elevated and we continue to need that from him. He shut down Flo Thamba.

I thought Lipsey could be good this year but he is coming into his own as a Monte Morris type distributor.

King was tough and got some rebounds, he can do more.

The ceiling for this team to me is how many games can Gabe and Grill string together like that. If both are bad its the Hawkeye game, if both are good its a phenomenal day like today. Going forward we just need one to be "on"

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Head referee struggled somewhat today. The lipsey call where he had 5 inches between his shoe and the baseline was just one example. She wasn't that consistent with hand checks in my opinion.

Osunnyi was a total beast, his defense and rebounding today was elevated and we continue to need that from him. He shut down Flo Thamba.

I thought Lipsey could be good this year but he is coming into his own as a Monte Morris type distributor.

The ceiling for this team to me is how many games can Gabe and Grill string together like that. If both are bad its the Hawkeye game, if both are good its a phenomenal day like today. Going forward we just need one to be "on"

Thamba seemed like a beast 2 years ago but last year and this year he just doesn't seem as impactful.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
From the 14-2 run to end the half, through the final horn, really excellent team basketball! Love how deep this team is.

At one pount, the line-up was Holmes, Gabe, King, Ward and Watson! Don't want the group out there often or for very long, but they held their own.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Thamba seemed like a beast 2 years ago but last year and this year he just doesn't seem as impactful.
Never developed any offensive game and Baylor's guards aren't as dominate as in the past so he doesn't get set up for as many dunks/layups. Baylor is missing a point guard this year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Never developed any offensive game and Baylor's guards aren't as dominate as in the past so he doesn't get set up for as many dunks/layups. Baylor is missing a point guard this year.
Missing LJ Cryer hurt them today but Keyonte George (#1) has been pretty good all year and could be a lottery pick by year’s end.

They’re missing some size. In year’s past their wings have been talented scorers and were also 6’6”+. Bridges is not the same.

Reactions: isutrevman

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
He's more athletic than people give him credit for. He's not Hunter, but he's more athletic than Morris was, just doesn't have Morris' jump shot or length.
He looked pretty athletic several times in the last few games when he blew by a guy for a layup.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I love it that after Fran said that Lipsey wasn't very athletic - he saved a ball from going out of bounds (bogus call by an official that nullified the play) and then went up and secured the last offensive rebound of the game. I think TL embodies what it means to be "athletic." Just because he isn't long and gangly like a Hassan Ward doesn't mean he lacks extreme
He's athletic enough.

OldCurmudgeon

Nov 25, 2017

I told Mrs. Curmudgeon during warm-ups that GK had the shot today. Was perfect on range and distance.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
BU's "Gomer" Mayer left for Illinois in the Transfer portal, he killed ISU more than Thamba.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
When we get shooting from gabe or grill we’re always in the game or win the game. Just need to find consistency from them. When at least one of them are on we are very tough to beat. If both are on we can beat anyone.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Missing LJ Cryer hurt them today but Keyonte George (#1) has been pretty good all year and could be a lottery pick by year’s end.

They’re missing some size. In year’s past their wings have been talented scorers and were also 6’6”+. Bridges is not the same.

This is a good point and I think our defense is going to eat up teams that are weak or (in Baylor’s case yesterday) weakened in the guard court.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10