Hurricane Irma

CtownCyclone

I got one more silver dollar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
My father-in-law lives in Coral Springs but is in Miami for the week for work, still. Sounds like he hasn't done anything to prep their house yet which is pretty standard for his approach to hurricanes regardless of how bad they could be.

At this point, why bother? Looks like that's pretty close to ground zero for this thing.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
My father-in-law lives in Coral Springs but is in Miami for the week for work, still. Sounds like he hasn't done anything to prep their house yet which is pretty standard for his approach to hurricanes regardless of how bad they could be.

Only prep you need is to give your insurance agent a call to make sure your premiums are paid up.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Only prep you need is to give your insurance agent a call to make sure your premiums are paid up.

Granted the slightest change will drastically change what is seen on shore as we saw last year I completely agree. You can prep all you want but if you take a direct hit it will probably end up being wasted time and money.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Thankfully they cancelled our conference in Savannah next week at noon today. I got our rooms cancelled and now just need to get my flights cancelled/redone. I see Delta is waving the cancellation fee for Savannah so that will help the cause.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Just got word that my wife's cousin will be stationed in Key West. Works for some sort of enforcement/patrol in the keys.

Uhhhhh.....

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Interviewing some bar owner live on CNN in the Florida Keys. Dude kept saying "****" live on the air. Kinda funny interview but I think people riding it out in the Keys aren't making a good choice. And I think he might have had a few.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Interviewing some bar owner live on CNN in the Florida Keys. Dude kept saying "****" live on the air. Kinda funny interview but I think people riding it out in the Keys aren't making a good choice. And I think he might have had a few.

In other words:

7Mp9cBU.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Shawker

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa

Well then I don't feel any concern for him, putting himself in that situation. He's getting what he deserves, though honestly, this has been built up so much, we're destined to see this be a big ass letdown (which is for the best, obviously).

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

Having lived there for 3+ years I can say this is the Florida Keys in a nutshell.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Holy ****, that's easily double the size of Andrew.
Andrew was a relatively small hurricane as it rolled into S. Florida. Irma is significantly larger but still not among the biggest you'll see(though it is forecasted to continue to grow)