Hypnosis

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
157c540e-8fde-44f6-9d1f-bcda184cfbf2_text.gif
This entire scene should be in the Comedic Hall of Fame

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I've been hypnotized three times at shows, each time while sitting in the audience

Ended up on stage each time too. I barely needed any sleep those nights, it was wild

Reactions: cyclonestunners

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I've been hypnotized three times at shows, each time while sitting in the audience

Ended up on stage each time too. I barely needed any sleep those nights, it was wild
How fast did you go under?

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
My wife and I did a hypnosis therapy for anxiety over flying. Very calming experience. Taught you how to enter yourself into a trance-like state where you were super calm and relaxed but still slightly aware of surroundings.

We did it prior to a flight for our honeymoon. Got on the flight, did the techniques and it was like turning off a switch. Went out and came out of it as they announced we were touching down, only felt like seconds had passed. It was like time travel. Years later I still use this at extended holiday visits with the in-laws.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Have you ever been hypnotized? What was it like? I’ve had friends do some crazy things at comedy shows, and it’s still pretty wild to me.

I was picked as a participant at an event in college with another friend and it absolutely didn't work on me. It seemed to work on her and I don't think she was faking so...........idk.

Reactions: Letterkenny

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I was picked as a participant at an event in college with another friend and it absolutely didn't work on me. It seemed to work on her and I don't think she was faking so...........idk.
I haven’t done it but a friend did and he walked right by me doing the strangest things and did not even see me.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I've wondered about this for years after attending a few shows. My hypothesis is: the easier it is for you to fall asleep, the easier it is to be hypnotized. I'm a very light sleeper and it usually takes me quite a while drift off. I often struggle with insomnia. Pretty sure hypnotism is impossible for me.

st8cydr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I was at a show and was hypnotized into lip synching Like a Virgin on stage. Let's just say I got into it a little more that I probably should have. Fortunately, this was before everyone had cameras on their cell phones.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
My wife and I did a hypnosis therapy for anxiety over flying. Very calming experience. Taught you how to enter yourself into a trance-like state where you were super calm and relaxed but still slightly aware of surroundings.

We did it prior to a flight for our honeymoon. Got on the flight, did the techniques and it was like turning off a switch. Went out and came out of it as they announced we were touching down, only felt like seconds had passed. It was like time travel. Years later I still use this at extended holiday visits with the in-laws.
Sounds like they taught you how to pop a vike.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Something I always thought was fake until we had a hypnotist come to our college. I got hypnotized into singing the Barney theme song and stealing shoes.

Then... the next year I was in the audience and still got hypnotized. It's wild. I was VERY restful afterwards.
You may not want to advertise this or you may see video of you robbing a liquor store and have no memory of it.

Reactions: cyclonestunners